To prove it will work with the Archos 5 I have uploaded a video to youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3lMfwFCHs
I will repeat that I used the GPS INSTALLER and NOT the copying technique.
Here is a STEP by STEP process of how to install the GPS onto the ARchos using the DVD:
1) Take DVD out of Sleeve
2) Put DVD in DVD Rom on your COMPUTER
3) Autorun DVD or start GPS_installer
4) Scroll Legal Information until the YES button turns Green
5) CLICK Green YES button
6) Should go through DVD Check and 605 Check (If Archos 5 is Attached, then it will go to the next screen even though it says 605.) The next screen should come up automatically. 7) KEY STEP: Enter Map Code (THIS IS WHERE IT ALWAYS STOPPED FOR ME PRIOR TO 1.3.02 UPDATE) My map code is not the one on my DVD, but one I got from archos.rmaform.com/gps (a sight which does not exist anymore.)
Wait for the DVD to install everything.
10) Take the GPS and the ARCHOS 5 to your VEHICLE
11) Attach GPS holder to Window (FRONT window)
12) Put ARCHOS 5 in holder
13) Attach plug from GPS to the bottom of the ARCHOS
14) The bottom icon on the ARCHOS 5 should now say GPS with START GPS in the second listing CLICK START GPS
15) Wait for ARCHOS your Car Navigation screen to load
16) Archos screen will ask you to agree not to use this while driving. CLICK I AGREE
17) Wait for GPS signal and you should be ready to go.