Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

=D>

I think this thread should just be killed. It's unhealthy to fantasize about something that we all know will never happen. Archos has moved on to the next big thing, so what we have in the 5 is all that we are going to have unless somebody manages to hack it.

Or (and I'm sure this is just more self-torturing) if by some miniscule chance that the new android os will be backwards compatible with the 5, then we may have something that we can all be enamored with again.

I'm still happy with my purchase, but I don't think I'll continue with archos products when it's time to move on from the 5. The company seems to have no real direction, that coupled with the terrible legacy support they have just does not bode well

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

rsarvi wrote:
Guys, are they listening to these really?
:?

No.... :badgrin:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Righty said reznorfan0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ranceramos wrote:
PDF bookmarks please! Also, for the "Go to Page" feature on PDFs, one should be able to type in a number and not have to simply tap the right arrow 100 times in order to go to page 100.

These are the same things I felt was missing. For the bookmarks, it seems like a no brainer...when I read a real book, I dont have to memorize the page number I am at every time I put it down...and for the go to page, yeah the scrollbar helps, but it kind of a hit or miss thing when you are trying to find a specific page. Why not just type in the number...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

1. Some kind of cut and paste app that is always available.
2. Fix the fact that the new Opera Unite services do not work with the Archos 5 Opera browser. They work on my little Zaurus C3200 PDA Opera browser which is 4 or 5 years old!
(Make those Opera developers fix this for you!!!!)

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:57 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Podcast functionality - I would suggest a category under Play menus.

And under that Archos should be able to sort them automatically under Audio and Video podcasts...

(zune does it beautifully)

Currently I have to dump my video podcasts under Video, and Audio podcasts under Audio. Andthen have to create subfolders called Podcasts.. very inefficient, specially when Archos does not have very good Podcast synching s/w on the Archos.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

i want a way to control the music player while using other programs like while surfing te internet for example

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:20 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Is it safe to say this thread needs closing now? .No new firm will come now ,ya must be mad :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

When you reach the last page of a pdf and want to use the Goto page on the menu, it does not work. You must use the Previous page function on the menu and then after the page is loaded you can use the Goto page function.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

found a new bug. can anyone verify it?

whenever remove my 5 from the DVR dock which was connected to my TV with HDMI, the sound will not play or the vol is very low. I have to shut down my 5 completely and turn it back on again. Rest the audio setting doesn't help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:02 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

If we do ever get another update (doubt it though), Id like to be able to customize filters in contacts (instead of just profeesional and personal).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hahahaha common this company is going in bancrupcy soon. customer service does not even answer the phone. i think they are closing right now.

as for firmware update, simply getting the unit to work smooth would be like waiting for superman, very unlikely. anyway, ill wait till another company doing those kind of video player. if no company happen to emerge, im going with Apple even i hate that company. but right now i hate archos way mor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:44 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

and the next update for the cowon player

Quote:
Cowon S9 Firmware 2.31 beta2, gapless playback added for MP3

And the next FW update for the Archos? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:57 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I'm going to buy an Archos 5 in 10 days... or 9 in an hour.

I've read too many negative reviews with the newest firmware so I've already downloaded .53... and this wishlist is pointless.

Just take what you get.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I need WPA-EAP support to get on to my university's wireless network.

I only bought the Archos because I needed internet and it seemed so much better than the Ipod touch. Now I have to return my Archos though and get an Ipod, which sucks. :c

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

1. Better tools for managing photos -like being able to select photos for a slide show or playlist. I use my 5 to store all my photos so I don't want to show all of them all the time. I want to be able to select some from across folders for a slideshow without having to move photos to a separate photo.

2. Support for mobipocket ebooks (pdf is not enough for ebook).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

-New fully customized EQ supporting bass response more efficiently.
-Ability to remove icons and the list from the home screen. I dont want that mess, Id like my icons to be inside of a sub folder, maybe only music, video and the net on the home screen.
-screen lock ( i cant find it )
-support of HD videos up to 4gb in all types, paying for this is stupid
-support for flv files, i play them, but cant fast forward or rewind
-fix lag time on the net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:34 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i seem to be a bit confused with firmwares. i recently bought an archos 5 and everything works - so far. problem is, other than the 1st web browser plug-in, i haven't really put in any firmware yet. do firmwares work in a retroactive way? meaning, does the latest firmware fix all the bugs the previous firmwares fixed? if not, where can i possibly get the old firmwares? any help would be great as i am afraid of just putting in the latest firmware. thanks :)

pinoyboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Im pretty sure it included everything and added more

but realize you cannot ever go back once you add a new firmware

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

so it's safe for me to put in the firmware 1.6.54 and the bugs that firmwares 1.6.53 et al (all the previous firmwares) fixed would be included? my apologies for being ignorant about this.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30 Next