Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Did not found the adequate answer at this forum... Is it possible to jailbreak my ARCHOS 7 with upgraded to 1.7.17 firmware? And also could not find understandable instructions- how to swap HDD?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

All jailbreaking is done from 1.6.54 or lower and the first step is to downgrade your version (I don't know if 1.7.17 can be because I did it with 1.7.11). In case you don't have the info here is the link that I used to jailbreak mine.

http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt/downgrade

Once you downgrade and then install a patched firmware then you can think about replacing the hard drive. you have to be careful in regards of the HD brand you use. As far as I remember from old posts everybody have problems when trying WD, I know that Seagate Momentus work because that is the brand Archos uses. I used a 500 Hitachi without an issue (it is almost a year and had no problems). I am about to see if the new 750 GB from Seagate works, I haven't checked in the forums if someone else had tried.

I have been looking forward that the good people from
archos.g3nius.org post a patched 1.7.17 firmware but so far with no luck.

Anyway this is my own experience, maybe others have a better recommendation or suggestion. I hope this helps you a bit and if you find any extra info I would appreciate if you share it with me.

P.S. whatever brand you decide to use don't forget the form factor. the hard drive must be 9.5mm high so do not use the 12mm ones because they won't fit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am afraid to make my lovely ARCHOS 7 out of work with attempts to jailbreaking it, still knowing, that the hardrive is once gonna be dead! Sorry for my english- i am a Russian user of Archos!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Guys, does anybody succsessfully downgraded from 1.1.17 firmware?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just a bit of info i am new to the archos,have gen 6 archos 7 and from what i have been hearing work has been going on behind the scenes to bring ARM products up to date,i thought it was bullshit after looking at all the stuff on the web so far,but check out bbc iplayer news tech page microsoft have been working on a light windows 7 for ARM,fingers crossed. dated 6/1/11 :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

karelturk... I understand your fear, if you have never done anything like this it might be a bad idea but I can tell you that I made a few mistakes myself in the beginning and did not brick my device. In any case If you can not follow instructions in english it would not be advisable for you to do it. A friend maybe? Someone with enough expertise?.

Greetings from USA, Tennessee.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

rjr1203, I am just afraid about installed FW, curently it is 1.7.17 and cannot find any info- is 1.7.17 hackable? Found the site:http://archosharddrives.com/shop/page/8?shop_param= How do anybody thinks, they can really help, or this is bad idea to pay them?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Also we hawe our Russian ARCHOS forum, but there is no one topic about jailbreaking... I love my A7, it is really entertains me, has a replaceable battery, but HDD...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

downgrade from 1.7.17 is possible

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks, may be i will try...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

karelturk wrote:
Thanks, may be i will try...

1. ð┤ð¥Ðâð¢ð│ÐÇðÁð╣ð┤
2. ð©ð¢ÐüÐéð░ð╗ð╗ð©ÐêÐî ð┐ÐÇð¥ð┐ð░ÐéÐçðÁð¢ð¢ÐâÐÄ ð┐ÐÇð¥Ðêð©ð▓ð║Ðâ. Ðçð©Ðéð░ÐéÐî ÐéÐâÐé
3. ð░ð┐ð│ÐÇðÁð╣ð┤ð©ÐêÐî ð┤ð¥ ð┐ð¥Ðüð╗ðÁð┤ð¢ðÁð╣ ð┐ÐÇð¥ð┐ð░ÐéÐçðÁð¢ð¢ð¥ð╣ ð┐ÐÇð¥Ðêð©ð▓ð¥Ðçð║ð©. Ðçð©Ðéð░ÐéÐî ÐéÐâÐé
4. ð┤ðÁð╗ð░ðÁÐêÐî ð╝ðÁð¢ÐÄ ð┤ð╗ÐÅ ðÀð░ð│ÐÇÐâðÀð║ð© ð┤ð▓ÐâÐà ð¥ð┐ðÁÐÇð░Ðåð©ð¥ð¢ð¥ð║ (ÐüÐéð░ð¢ð┤ð░ÐÇÐé+SDE). ð┐ÐÇð¥ÐêÐâ ð▒ÐÇð░ÐéÐî ð¥ÐéÐüÐÄð┤ð░
ð┐ð░ÐÇð░ Ðüð¥ð▓ðÁÐéð¥ð▓ (ð¥Ðé ð┐ð¥ðÀð¢ð░ð▓ÐêðÁð│ð¥):
1. ð¢ðÁ ðÀð░ð▒Ðâð┤Ðî ÐçÐéð¥ ð©Ðüð║ð░ÐéÐî Ðüð║ÐÇÐïÐéÐâÐÄ ð┐ð░ÐÇÐéð©Ðåð©ÐÄ ð¢ð░ð┤ð¥ ð©ð╝ðÁð¢ð¢ð¥ ð▓ ÐÇðÁðÂð©ð╝ðÁ repair mode. ÐÅ ÐéÐâÐé ÐüÐéÐâð┐ð©ð╗ ð© ð▓ðÁÐüÐî ð▓ðÁÐçðÁÐÇ Ðâð▒ð©ð╗, ð┐ð¥ð║ð░ ð¢ðÁ ð┤ð¥ð│ð¢ð░ð╗ ð│ð┤ðÁ ðÂðÁ ð¥ð¢))
2. ð╝ð¢ð¥ð│ð©ðÁ ð┐ÐÇð¥ð▒ð╗ðÁð╝Ðï ÐÇðÁÐêð░ÐÄÐéÐüÐÅ ð▓ archos helper. ð© ð▓ð░ð╣Ðäð░ð╣ ð© ð▒ÐïÐüÐéÐÇð¥ðÁ ð▓ÐïÐÇÐâð▒ð░ð¢ð©ðÁ Ðìð║ÐÇð░ð¢ð░ ð© ð║ÐâÐÇÐüð¥ÐÇ ð╝ð¥ðÂð¢ð¥ ð▓ÐÇÐâð▒ð©ÐéÐî (ð░ Ðéð¥ Ðìð║ÐÇð░ð¢ Ðäð©ð│ð¥ð▓ð¥ ð¥Ðéð║ð░ð╗ð©ð▒ÐÇð¥ð▓ð░ð¢ ð© ð▒Ðïð▓ð░ðÁÐé Ðüð╗ð¥ðÂð¢ð¥ ð┐ð¥ð┐ð░ÐüÐéÐî ð┐ð¥ ð╝ðÁð╗ð║ð©ð╝ ð┤ðÁÐéð░ð╗Ðîð║ð░ð╝).
3. ð¢ðÁ ð┤ðÁð╗ð░ð╣ ð┐ð¥ð║ð░ opgk upgrade, ð¥ÐüÐî ðÀð░ð▓ð©Ðüð░ðÁÐé ð¢ð░ ðÀð░ð│ÐÇÐâðÀð║ðÁ ð┐ð¥Ðüð╗ðÁ ÐìÐéð¥ð│ð¥ (Ðëð░Ðü ð║ð░ð║ÐÇð░ðÀ ð▒Ðâð┤ÐâÐé ðÀð░ð┤ð░ð▓ð░ÐéÐî ÐìÐéð¥Ðé ð▓ð¥ð┐ÐÇð¥Ðü).
4. ÐüÐéÐâð║Ðîð¢ðÁÐüÐî ð╝ð¢ðÁ ð▓ ð░ÐüÐîð║Ðâ, ð▓ ð╗ð©Ðçð║ðÁ Ðçð©Ðéð░ð╣!

dear non-russian users, sorry for my russian)
plz, help with other trouble: after "opkg upgrade", my archos stucks on loading( approax 99% it's stops loading and nothing changes(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

S_Layer wrote:
trouble: after "opkg upgrade"

solution is simple: just don't do it!))
because that packages are not stable