Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Everything fails !!!!

I stop working on my archos for a while, I'm litterally sad ... I worked in vain ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Working in vain is 90% of development work sometimes. You have to find a hundred ways something doesn't work before you figure out one way that does... :D

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

map002 wrote:
Working in vain is 90% of development work sometimes. You have to find a hundred ways something doesn't work before you figure out one way that does... :D

Michael

+1 ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I spoke with someone who tells me that I should try to run a debian for arm or build a cross linux from scratch and install the extra packages related to mer.

I will try to make an image with the imager again but on an other host machine.

I have not all of the knowledges required for this project so I can't promise anything

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Seriously Mer is not the way to go here in my opinion. They are all waiting to switch to the open development side of MeeGo. Your time would probably be better spent trying to get MeeGo working.

I'm getting quite far already. I have an booting image but X11 fails to start because either SGX isn't initialized correctly or needs to be rebuilt. If you want to help I can send an image with an USB-serial-console your way.

It would be pretty cool to get MeeGo with Handset-eXperience working as currently this only works on the respective intel and nokia development platforms and we'd be the first independent handheld device.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everyone !

Like dm8tbr said, I think it is more interesting to port MeeGo instead of Mer. MeeGo could be a huge distribution in the future with the support of Nokia and Intel.

@dm8tbr : I'm interesting to help to port MeeGo but I don't exactly know where to start. I have some knowledges in linux kernel, cross compilation, etc...
Do you have a image actually working ?
How can I help (I have some spare time right now...), I'm on an Archos 5g.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

thevegeta wrote:
I'm interesting to help to port MeeGo but I don't exactly know where to start. I have some knowledges in linux kernel, cross compilation, etc...
Do you have a image actually working ?
How can I help (I have some spare time right now...), I'm on an Archos 5g.

Don't expect too much with your hardware (it sadly lacks the SGX core for EGL 3D acceleration), but it should be nevertheless possible to get it working. After all they are also working on some things for the n8x0 which doesn't have that either.

Currently armv7 should be working again (MeeGo switched to GCC 4.5 and broke armv7 builds for several weeks). You can start with the data that can be found on the MeeGo wiki. Especially the BeagleBoard information can be valuable. You will have to skip all the SGX parts though.

As always I'm available on freenode IRC in #openaos and there is an dedicated #meego-arm channel for all things relating to arm devices and meego.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is this work on Archos Gen6? IS this stable? I have got Archos 7 160 Gb wifi. Can I setup this?