Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

CheBuzz wrote:
It would be interesting to see if the flash was locked on the TV+. Care to try and dump it?

Hi CheBuzz....

would love to.....

only prob is that im new to all this on the archos.....gonna need guiding......

d2mac...viacess...seca...were my thing.....but aint played with that in years.....

MaZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i'm sorry i'm having problem with the 9th step
"9) Go back to your PC and browse your network. You should see the archos share "Hack" click on it then click on the media folder so you can see the content of your archos device. (use username "Hack" password "1234" to access the share.)"

how do i browse my network? i cant find the 'hack' stuff.
i know it's a silly question but it would be really nice if someone replies it.
is it controlpanel/what?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sorry if I post here. But I hope someone can please answer my qestion:

Does the GFT3 hack remove the hard drive authentication, thus allowing problem-free upgrades?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:40 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

eddie32818 wrote:
Does the GFT3 hack remove the hard drive authentication, thus allowing problem-free upgrades?

No, it doesn't because it is only a software jailbreak which cannot change the bootloader which does the harddisk locking bit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:16 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

grond wrote:
eddie32818 wrote:

No, it doesn't because it is only a software jailbreak which cannot change the bootloader which does the harddisk locking bit.

Then the only way to trick the bootloader is to transfer the drive's serial number to a new drive, and from what I have read, not so easy to accomplish, as some people may have limited access to expensive equipment that can make serial number (the hardcoded one) changes to drives.

I was really hoping there were other way to defeat this; thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

grond wrote:
eddie32818 wrote:

My harddrive has been crashed in my 605 30GB... so I can't buy a new drive in ebay and install it in the hardcase? :( what for options i have, when i have a crashed harddrive???
i don't want to send it to archos... to much -.-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:06 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hamstertom wrote:
grond wrote:
eddie32818 wrote:

My harddrive has been crashed in my 605 30GB... so I can't buy a new drive in ebay and install it in the hardcase? :( what for options i have, when i have a crashed harddrive???
i don't want to send it to archos... to much -.-

As I understand it, the first problem is that the drive in the 30 GB model is 1.8" in size so the larger drives (80Gb and higher which are much thicker) will not physically fit in the case. Then there is the issue of harddrive locking (authentication during bootup process) that can't be easily by-passed.

You can try here; but I think they are still trying to get a work-around for the 605 30gb model:
http://archosharddrives.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I've followed these instructions. I have the Archos605 30GB with latest firmware 2.1.04

1) Shutdown your 605 by holding the on/off button until you see shutting down.
2) Restart your 605 by holding the TV and the on/off button you should now see a white screen with 3 options
- no
- Repair disk
- Format disk
choose Repair Disk, it will now ask you to connect the device to your PC and install an update file.
3) Connect your device to the PC and rename the System.bin in the System folder on your archos to System.bin.old, then copy the downloaded System.bin to the System folder on your device. (NOTE: after applying this hack you can copy your old System.bin back in the same way, this will restore your settings like wallpaper, language etc)
4) Copy all the files from the GFT3 hack to the root of your archos and the arcwelder to /Data/arcwelder
5) Click done on your archos and let it boot.
6) Enable wireless.
7) After the wireless is connected, go back to the wifi status menu.
8) Click on the little arrow in the left bottom corner to scroll down and click on Wireless File Server and then again on Enable File Server.
9) Go back to your PC and browse your network. You should see the archos share "Hack" click on it then click on the media folder so you can see the content of your archos device. (use username "Hack" password "1234" to access the share.)
10) After this shutdown the fileserver and completely shutdown your device. Restart your device. After the restart rename the jspluginsx to jsplugins in the filebrowser of your archos and open the dohack.html. Wait until the opera browser closes and your done.

But after it runs my icons are all messed up and I dont have any of the plugins...after the hack runs it seems to run an ARClib update that takes a good 15min but like I said no plugins are active and the Icons are all messed up and not in the right place. For example to activate wifi I have an icon that looks like a floppy disk??? Also When I go to check firmware and plugins it tells me that I have firmware 1.7.13 now and no plugins when before the hack I had 2.1.04 and the web browser plugin???? Any suggestions...also everytime I boot I get an ARClib update and it scans all my songs as if I just added new songs??? The instructions seem simple..just wondering why it doesnt work for me??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Michael93 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Finally, it is possible to unlock the plug-ins for Archos 605 flash.
Just use my edited restartavos.sh instead of the original.

Thanks Michael, with your restartavos I managed to unlock my 605 flash. :D Anyway there is a problem, so I cannot quite use it.
After opening hack.html there is an error that says there is an error with my sd card. Then i can use my archos with plugins enabled, but there is no way to use any sd card. SO the plugins are mostly not useful.

Rebooting fixes the sd but also disables the plugins, of course.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much anyway!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

MBJ wrote:

Thanks Michael, with your restartavos I managed to unlock my 605 flash. :D Anyway there is a problem, so I cannot quite use it.
After opening hack.html there is an error that says there is an error with my sd card. Then i can use my archos with plugins enabled, but there is no way to use any sd card. SO the plugins are mostly not useful.

Rebooting fixes the sd but also disables the plugins, of course.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much anyway!

Hi,
it's simple:
1. Before you unlock plugins, remove SD/MMC card safely.
2. Now unlock plugins.
3. When Archos load plugins, insert card in Archos 605.
It works for me :)
Sorry for my bad English

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Michael93 wrote:
Hi,
it's simple:
1. Before you unlock plugins, remove SD/MMC card safely.
2. Now unlock plugins.
3. When Archos load plugins, insert card in Archos 605.
It works for me :)
Sorry for my bad English

Wow it works!!! I was sure I already tried this but I was wrong... :-)

Thank you again!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i agree with you . i am looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I use to have this hack working, then it stopped, i was trying to get it to work again but it didn't so i did the factory re install were everything was set back to how my archos used to be when i first turned it on, now i re did the hack and after renaming the jspluginsx to jsplugins then going to content portal or dohack nothing will work, can't get on opera, cant use the online radio feature it has, how can i get it to work again?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

the steps i took are:
go to repair disk, put the moldy cheese hack in
restart
go back to repair disk, put arcewelder in data folder, put gtf3 (w.e its called) in the root of the archos, then i put the new uploaded bin that divx had re uploaded in a post, then i put a new uploaded restartavos,sh by (i dont remember name),
then i clicked ok
thensetup my network, then i enabled file server
went onto it on my computer
disable file server, then i shutdown the archos completely
then i started it, rename jspluginsx to jsplugins
went to content portal since i dont have opera, it shutdown by it self, i clicked on opera and it didnt work, the radio thingy didnt work either, the web channels also didnt work

P.s. i also tried this by clicking on the dohack instead of going to content portal and that didnt work either

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

plz can sum1 help?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:36 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i noticed that when i do the "dohack" its downgrades my firmware 0.o? its becomes 2.0.10

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

you're great guys!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:47 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

9) Go back to your PC and browse your network. You should see the archos share "Hack" click on it then click on the media folder so you can see the content of your archos device. (use username "Hack" password "1234" to access the share.)

I go to network to my PC but there is NO this archos share hack...plz can someone help?? i am in the last step and i dont get it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

plz plz i have the same prob with "theuss" plzz someone help us!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

jimanothirio wrote:

I go to network to my PC but there is NO this archos share hack...plz can someone help?? i am in the last step and i dont get it

I have the same problem, HELP!!!! PLEASE.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13 Next