Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

"go to play->games->dti
You should see a game named Install patched firmware with a penguin as the logo. Click Play, then Play again on the next screen. At this point the screen will be unresponsive for some time, this is perfectly normal. The loading screen will appear and return to the penguin logo, at this point the patched firmware should be successfully installed!
Reboot your device: hold the Power button for about 6 seconds until you see the Shutting Down... screen and then power on again. "

Hey I see the game and penguin as logo. I clicked it and it return the penguin logo. I think i can succeed. but how can i find the games for my archos? I don't know. If you help me i will be very preciated. Because i bought this today and i'm really excited.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:19 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what is mouldy cheese in guy fawkes pack? and where will i put it? thanks for helps.

i have a one more question.

if i instal duel boot with angst├Ârm? will my jailbreak disrupt?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

StorM_GmA wrote:
Hello guys,

I just tried to install the hacks into A5IMT 1.7.17 with no luck. With the patched firmware i didn't see any "installed patched firmware" game and with the GF hack, the device won't go past the boot screen.

Is there anyone who did these hacks in 1.7.17?

GF hack not there for 1.7.17

vidar wrote:
what is mouldy cheese in guy fawkes pack? and where will i put it? thanks for helps.

i have a one more question.

if i instal duel boot with angst├Ârm? will my jailbreak disrupt?

check http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:37 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thanks for answering. i installed angst├Ârm in my archos and it will be perfect. =)

but i haven't find the answer of game subject. thanks for interest.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can somebody answer me?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

PLEASSSE SAVE MEEEE!!!

I think by now I've been spending already hunderds of hours of my life on this...
I'm helpless.

anyway, I already went through all the steps described here

http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt ... our-archos

or here

http://sites.google.com/site/archos5imt/downgrade

and things didn't work out probably so I started over again.

the big problem I'm dealing with now is that, the damn archos (gen6, 250gb) won't turn on in recovery mode no matter how many times I try!

perhaps it has something to do with the original bootloader changed there to the one with the pinguin from http://archos.g3nius.org/

currently everytime I turn it on I see the pinguin u see after the downgrade to 1.6.54 , and the archos.g3nius.org address and all that ... but it won't turn on in recovery mode! meaning, that the mount command I write to the make the mount to the hidden partition and move on with the "installing patched firmware" phase, is FAILING!

what shell I do?? I'm stuck, I must get these plugins available once and for all!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wow!! I made this tutorial awhile ago because i was having issues, But it seems like more than just me really appreciated the help of something like this. I Unfortunately have not kept up on this since i made the Tutorial :( Nice to see its still kicking and moving!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:49 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So I followed all the steps for Guy Fawkes and now the Archos is stuck on the Archos splash screen at the beginning. Any clue on what I could have missed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

StorM_GmA wrote:
Hello guys,

I just tried to install the hacks into A5IMT 1.7.17 with no luck. With the patched firmware i didn't see any "installed patched firmware" game and with the GF hack, the device won't go past the boot screen.

Is there anyone who did these hacks in 1.7.17?

I can't hack in 1.7.17 too. I have got all plug-ins. But i can't see any installed patched firmware and penguin logo. And is anybody knows? What is 31,32,29 in plug-ins?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My Archos 7 is patched with Guy Fawks on 1.6.54. I notice that there is a new firmware out and a Guy Fawkes version is out too. http://archos.g3nius.org/index.php?title=Archos_5_Pre-Patched_Firmware_Updates
Can someone point me in the direction of what I need to do to upgrade. Do I just pop the file onto the device and use the inbuilt (non-online upgrade function?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello everybody!
I have tried for a long time to go through the proccess of downgrading/updating the firmware etc. I don't know how but I 'managed' to delete almost all files on the hidden partition of my Archos 5 IMT (only the lost and found dir. is still there). Now the device goes from boot loader patched 1.6.54 screen to recovery mode and nothing helps from there on. Any one knows where can I get these files?