Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Okay, I've gone through some pages and have tried this and that. But no matter what, I can't get the Opera Widgets to work. When I download them, (I have used Google Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera) the download file is .wgt and not a .zip. I've even gone to try and zip the file myself, only to realize all I'd done was shove the widget into a .zip folder. Not actually break it down to components.

Anyone have any tips?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just rename the file with ".zip" Don't include the quotations. This worked for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ah, this didn't work. It just changed the name. I'm using Vista, so sometimes the change doesn't occur. :/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:40 am 
Archos User
Archos User

do you have "hide known extensions" checked in your folder options? if you do, uncheck it...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Okay, well, that worked. Thanks. :)

But..

I turned the Archos on and went to the Files option. I went to the widgets area first, but because I have yet to buy the internet browser, it told me to go bug off. So I went to the widgets file, and it still saw the widgets as foreign file types.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:44 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm having the same problem. On the widgets page of my archos 5 250GB I click on "get new widgets", which brings me to the opera widgets website. I locate a widget, click on install, and it gets downloaded as a .wgt file in a widgets folder on the archos. When I click on this file it says that it's not a recognized file type and will not play. Tried the zip fix, but then said file was corrupted. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey,

Was having the exact same problem but found the solution. You do have to rename the WGT files as zip, but you also must remove any extra "." in the file name. Most widgets come with a verion (widget_2009_1.12.wgt). The extra . screws up the Archos file system and makes the unit think it's a ".12.wgt" file instread of a .wgt.

So rename the above example "widget_2009.zip" and it will work. I do find that doing this on the archos can cause a corrupt file error, so do it on your pc and then upload the renamed file to the Archos.

Good luck!