Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

doesnotcompute wrote:
Hey, foxblcok, great Tetris clone, it really runs smoothly on my Archos 5 and provides me and my girlfriend many hours of fun :)

Great to hear that :D

doesnotcompute wrote:
-The pause button kind of gets in the way when I'm playing the game in rotated mode. Often times, I find myself accidently pausing the game when I'm trying to maneuver blocks. Is it possible to have the pause button moved to the bottom of the page in a future version?

Well, I played it lots of times myself and I barely had this problem O.o.
In rotated mode I don't have much space left (especially on the bottom) - I had to remove the on-screen-controls and still was not able to easily find a spot for the pause-button. That's why it ended up on the right side. I am afraid it's not possible to somehow integrate it at the bottom, but I can add a feature to hide the button. However this would remove the capability of pausing when playing on the Archos 5/7... tough decision.

doesnotcompute wrote:
-When I "grab" the speed slider down at the bottom of the page to control the speed of the game, I'm able to manipulate the slider, but I can't return the locus of control to the game afterwards. Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a bug, could you look into it?

How could this possibly be a feature ;).
This happens if you leave the embedded Flash app while dragging the slider, so it "hangs" in drag-mode. You have to click the game area twice to gain back control.

Thanks for your reply, I hope this helps for the moment.

Have fun playing and also submit to the online-highscore list if you have a WiFi-network around.

foxblock out

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Excellent, thanks for the reply :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:11 am 
Archos User
Archos User

New version released:

Download

[Add] Button to view current Top 5 of the online highscore list directly in-game

...instead of your local highscore (resets after playing or restart). Also works in non-web-browser version. Depending on your internet-connection it can take some seconds to read the scores, don't go frenzy and try to click all the buttons, the game won't react anyway.

[Add] Checkbox to hide the "Pause"-button in rotated mode

Here ya go doesnotcompute ;)

[Change] Online highscore system now compatible with non-web-browser version

This means you will be provided with a code which you can enter online to submit your score which can also be done on your PC/Mac. You can write down your code if you currently have no connection to the internet to submit it and enter it later. There still is a button to submit the score directly.

[Change] Some cosmetic interface changes

Nothing big, really...

[Change] Changed html-file for web-browser to a link to the game instead of embedding the game

When you open the html-file you will see a huge link, just click it and the game will be opened. Advantage is that it is displayed a little bigger and centred.
Below the link there is an input area in which you can enter a score-code. By hitting "Submit Score" this score will be transferred to the online highscore list (internet connection required). You can use this instead of going to http://brainmash.piranho.de/tetris/scores.php and entering your code there.

To conclude:
The web-browser versions only advantage now is that it properly saves local highscores, everything else also works in the non-web-browser version and a little bit faster, too.

To clarify:
Web-browser-version: Started using the "archos-tetris-html.html" file via the File Manager, just plays the flash-game in the web-browser window
Non-web-browser version: Started using the "archos-tetris.swf" file via the File Manager or via "Flash Games". Does not require the web-browser plugin!
Both games are identical, but the web-browser is able to save local higshcores, the non-web-browser version isn't (and I'm afraid there is nothing I can do about it).

Have a lot of fun

foxblock out

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:49 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Many thanks foxblcok, however, the version of Archos Tetris on the link you posted still seems to be version 081111, or am I doing something incredibly stupid??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:07 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

no, you probably need to clear your browsers cache because it has the page cached and therefore loads the old version.
Or use a "refresh (skip cache)" function if there is any.

foxblock out

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

New update released

[Add] Colorful playmode (field represents the color of the tile dropped)
    [Add] Checkbox to disable the color madness

This was something I tried to include for some time now, but never found a good way to do it. Well, now I did and you can enjoy the colourful madness. It basically means that all dropped tiles will keep their colour instead of becoming grey.

[Fix] Some performance changes/fixes

Well, as a side effect I changed some of the drawing functions and optimized them a bit, so there should be less lag after dropping a tile.
I really hope this works and there is a positive change of performance, but all of this is not tested (at least not on the 605), because my Archos' hard-drive died some days ago and I am still waiting for a respond of the tech support... :x
So reviews, comments and feedback are greatly appreciated, so I can see whether everything works and you like it ;)

Also, submit your score to the online highscore list, which still is a bit empty after all...
It seems to be a bit complicated, but I needed to make my way around the 605's limitations and restrictions, so I may explain the progress of highscore-submitting again:
  • Play the game (on the 605 or Archos 5)
  • Get a local highscore
  • Select you desired 3-character name
  • if you are currently connected to the internet
    • Just click the green "submit" button
  • if you are not connected to the internet
    • Write down the displayed code (on a sheet of paper, your hand will also do)
    • On your PC/MAC or your Archos (if you are finally connected to the net) go to http://brainmash.piranho.de/tetris/scores.php
    • Enter the code into the text-box and click submit
    • Or use the html-file which came with the game (in the zip file you've downloaded), enter the code in the text-box there and click submit
  • You are done!

It is that easy ;)

Well to see all changes in motion, just try the new version on my website and after that download it!

Enjoy,

foxblock out

oh and by the way, this is what an BSOD looks like on the Archos 605: http://foxblock.googlepages.com/605BSOD.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It's great man, thanks a lot!