Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:28 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 716
Cold Death

You may have noticed my post in the "General" forum. I asked the question about email coming from Archos, and if anyone had a similar experience. So far there have been 25 views with zero responses. So it looks as though, to this point, my experience may be unique. Of course I am not deducing anything as yet. Just wanted to fill you in on the results to this point.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:19 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 am
Posts: 70
alankayser wrote:
Cold Death

You may have noticed my post in the "General" forum. I asked the question about email coming from Archos, and if anyone had a similar experience. So far there have been 25 views with zero responses. So it looks as though, to this point, my experience may be unique. Of course I am not deducing anything as yet. Just wanted to fill you in on the results to this point.


could have sendt me a direct message, but thanks anyway ;)

A theory on that mail could be that it was not sent from Canada at that hour, but from another country.

Of course it's a curious thing they replied that fast and at that time of day.
I guess the best thing to find out more would be to mail them back and ask.

About the content in the mail, i wouldn't have expected any different answer, this is just one of many independent internet forums, what did you expect? That they come and sue Charbax to stop doing what he's doing? The last sentence in the mail summed it up perfectly, they have no control over it.

Cheers


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:21 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 716
Yep, I didn't really expect any other answer. It surely would not have come from Canada. Why did you think it would?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:45 am 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 am
Posts: 70
alankayser wrote:
Yep, I didn't really expect any other answer. It surely would not have come from Canada. Why did you think it would?


Well you yourself said that you though tech support was located there, so i just went with that.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:55 am 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 716
No, I said California, not Canada. And now it is up to 39 views with no reply. I'm sure you understand my curiosity, given:

1) Archos' non responsive track record
2) the hour of the day
3) the contents of that particular PM were rudely posted here
4) I sent the email to US sales, yet the reply came from Tech support
5) a non-tech email received a tech ticket #
6) 39 people have viewed my question but not one viewer has received a similar email
7) why would Archos, again given their penchant for ignoring requests to fix problems such as the 704, even bother with my email, and so quickly

And, no, I do not think I am being paranoid. There are too many coincidences here to avoid thinking something is not right.

Though I am a big fan of the X-Files, I do not sit around all day thinking there is some big conspiracy behind everything that MS, Apple, Intel, Asus and every manufacturer out there does. I don't think the boogie man lives inside my UMPC. But I do think it is quite possible to fake an email.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:30 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 am
Posts: 70
alankayser wrote:
No, I said California, not Canada. And now it is up to 39 views with no reply. I'm sure you understand my curiosity, given:


Ok, my memory had a glitch then ;)

Quote:
1) Archos' non responsive track record
2) the hour of the day
3) the contents of that particular PM were rudely posted here
4) I sent the email to US sales, yet the reply came from Tech support
5) a non-tech email received a tech ticket #
6) 39 people have viewed my question but not one viewer has received a similar email
7) why would Archos, again given their penchant for ignoring requests to fix problems such as the 704, even bother with my email, and so quickly

And, no, I do not think I am being paranoid. There are too many coincidences here to avoid thinking something is not right.


sure, given the circumstances, the early answer does seem strange.

Quote:
Though I am a big fan of the X-Files, I do not sit around all day thinking there is some big conspiracy behind everything that MS, Apple, Intel, Asus and every manufacturer out there does. I don't think the boogie man lives inside my UMPC. But I do think it is quite possible to fake an email.


It's possible, true, happens all the time.
Can be verified though, by the information in the headers... maybe i could take a look if you would forward the mail to on of my adresses...
guardshell at googlemail dot com


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:12 pm 
Offline
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:13 pm
Posts: 716
Cold D

Done. Please let me know.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:06 pm 
Offline
Archos User
Archos User

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 am
Posts: 70
The most recent information in the header of the mail you forwarded is this:

Received: by 10.82.190.7 with SMTP id n7cs100190buf;
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:05:49 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.141.195.18 with SMTP id x18mr1637345rvp.1193418347625;
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <alankayser>

the IPs originate from CA, US, but the date and time is not matching, so i would guess that forwarding the mail through hotmail removed the earlier header information...

Since i don't know and don't use the hotmail interface (do you use the browser interface or a mail program like Outlook Express or Thunderbird?), maybe you could make a screenshot of it, maybe i can make out how to display the header information through that

Or, if you have the possibility of saving the mail as a text-file, including all of the header information, that could help


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited