No, I said California, not Canada. And now it is up to 39 views with no reply. I'm sure you understand my curiosity, given:
Ok, my memory had a glitch then
1) Archos' non responsive track record
2) the hour of the day
3) the contents of that particular PM were rudely posted here
4) I sent the email to US sales, yet the reply came from Tech support
5) a non-tech email received a tech ticket #
6) 39 people have viewed my question but not one viewer has received a similar email
7) why would Archos, again given their penchant for ignoring requests to fix problems such as the 704, even bother with my email, and so quickly
And, no, I do not think I am being paranoid. There are too many coincidences here to avoid thinking something is not right.
sure, given the circumstances, the early answer does seem strange.
Though I am a big fan of the X-Files, I do not sit around all day thinking there is some big conspiracy behind everything that MS, Apple, Intel, Asus and every manufacturer out there does. I don't think the boogie man lives inside my UMPC. But I do think it is quite possible to fake an email.
It's possible, true, happens all the time.
Can be verified though, by the information in the headers... maybe i could take a look if you would forward the mail to on of my adresses...
guardshell at googlemail dot com