Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Though I'm sure they will ignore it, I am emailing Archos to tell them you are a nazi that deletes whatever he doesn't like. That is the lowest form of human waste. Enjoy your gestapo website. The American Nazi Party is looking for a few good men. Oh, but you aren't even a man.

I guess since I'm half swiss, given the recent election results, I understand what alankayser is trying to say about my political views. And I could be a robot.

I'm looking forward meeting Alankayser at a McDonalds on the other side of the world another time, (I met alankayser in a McDonalds in north-eastern China back in 2005. We met through the Yahoo Archos forum by random.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thats funny,and pathetic,oh wait I just remembered its the school holidays so the kids have got extra time to play on the internet haven't they.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

alankayser just forwarded this to me:

Quote:
The following was sent to Archos USA and Archos France:

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a member of the above forum for some time. However, I must inform you that the administrator, Charbax, has been very abusive and indeed has resorted to deleting threads that he does not agree with. The Internet is all about free speech. His Gestapo methods are harmful to the reputation of Archos, since the company name is used in his title. I am the owner of three Archos devices, and I do not appreciate his methods. He needs to be stopped. Archos does not need this in your fight to gain acceptance in a difficult market.

Thank you for your time.

Alan E. Kayser

I am not deleting threads, I am moving those that are containing nonconstructive and provocative discussions to the Trash Talk section of this forum.

If anyone has a better idea, then please post. I haven't seen this in other forums, although other forums sometimes have some threads that are moved into an "Off-topic" sections.

I think instead of locking too many threads and deleting certain posts that are breaking forum rules, such as posts with attacks or provocation. Then it may be more democratic to let people who want to vent their anger in a forum section that is not moderated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:30 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Notice he calls this trash talk. Anyone who ventures here should know who talks trash and bans posts that he doesn't agree with. Who calls others "stupid" and thinks everything but Archos is "crap."

I have an idea. Read the your own words about progressive thinking, free thinking, etc. Your moving these posts and taking them out of context puts a dark cloud over your forum. It smacks of control. This is not something I would have expected from you. I thought better of you and this forum. Very disappointing.

Sorry that I won't be joining you in China again. I don't spend my time traveling the world going to electronics shows. Some of us actually have a family, job, and a life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it could be great for people who want to know what people that are against Archos are saying they can see all the threads in one forum section and they can make their own opinion if they want to be an Archos fan or an Archos basher.

This is the Archos fans forum, some people are fans of Archos for a reason, so if you don't want to be a fan, you are welcome to bash against it all you want in this trash talk section of this forum.

If anyone has got better idea for this forum section name, then you are welcome to post. Maybe a more appropriate name would be "Flame Wars", "Archos Bashing" or "Unmoderated".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:52 am 
Charbax wrote:
alankayser just forwarded this to me:

Quote:
The following was sent to Archos USA and Archos France:

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been a member of the above forum for some time. However, I must inform you that the administrator, Charbax, has been very abusive and indeed has resorted to deleting threads that he does not agree with. The Internet is all about free speech. His Gestapo methods are harmful to the reputation of Archos, since the company name is used in his title. I am the owner of three Archos devices, and I do not appreciate his methods. He needs to be stopped. Archos does not need this in your fight to gain acceptance in a difficult market.

Thank you for your time.

Alan E. Kayser

I am not deleting threads, I am moving those that are containing nonconstructive and provocative discussions to the Trash Talk section of this forum.

If anyone has a better idea, then please post. I haven't seen this in other forums, although other forums sometimes have some threads that are moved into an "Off-topic" sections.

I think instead of locking too many threads and deleting certain posts that are breaking forum rules, such as posts with attacks or provocation. Then it may be more democratic to let people who want to vent their anger in a forum section that is not moderated.

Hey dip shit... in your PM to me, you said all mods and the ADMIN would stay out of this section of the forum. SO TAKE A HIKE ASS WIPE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:02 pm 

@ Missionsparta, you got the wrong end of the stick there mate, its un moderated, this dosent mean that were barred from the area being mods, everyone on the site can defend / answer questions thats what this area is about.
PEACE
roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Posting the content of PM's is really bad form. What part of "private" don't you get? Makes a mockery of the whole thing. Perhaps I should post some of the vicious and abusive PM's you have sent to me Charbax. How would you like that? I have integrity though.
This is a really low point for me. I have never seen such a breach of trust on a forum site. How depressing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:30 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

censored wrote:
Posting the content of PM's is really bad form. What part of "private" don't you get? Makes a mockery of the whole thing. Perhaps I should post some of the vicious and abusive PM's you have sent to me Charbax. How would you like that? I have integrity though.
This is a really low point for me. I have never seen such a breach of trust on a forum site. How depressing.

Defend this behaviour Cold_Death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:15 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

mitchelln wrote:

why should i?

Posting PM's without asking the sender is indeed bad form, no matter how bad the content of the PM is.

Don't jump to any conclusions because i don't think the behaviour of the "anti-Charbax" folks is perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Cold_Death wrote:
mitchelln wrote:

why should i?

Posting PM's without asking the sender is indeed bad form, no matter how bad the content of the PM is.

Don't jump to any conclusions because i don't think the behaviour of the "anti-Charbax" folks is perfect.

I'm glad we agree on this :) I don't think many people are "anti-charbax", but a lot of people are annoyed with his behaviour. There is a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:03 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

mitchelln wrote:
I'm glad we agree on this :) I don't think many people are "anti-charbax", but a lot of people are annoyed with his behaviour. There is a difference.

that's why i wrote it in quotation marks... true not many may be that way, but those few are quite vocal ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You are wrong. It is not "anti-Charbax." It is anti-name calling, anti-censorship, anti-flaming, and anti-excusing bad behavior.