Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Charbax
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:07 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thought i would just put you straight regarding the locked thread. QVC have already featured the 704 tv and i was informed they would be restocking it, as for them not restocking the 704 wi-fi who knows, but it wont be down to the 704 tv will it, lets have a better guess as to why not, im going for the fact that the 704 wi-fi is buggy and most purchasers of this unit from QVC uk sent it back as not fit for purpose because they most proberbly got it so that they could record things off the telly & unless they found this site for tips on how to get it to record then they were buggered and sent it back, your comments are not really helping Archos at all, if this was a car forum would you suggest to someone that has bought a new faulty car to just flog it on ebay?? or would you remove your rose tinted glasses and start to worry as lets be honest the 605 looks buckled as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:34 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

HERE HERE !!

Perhaps CHARBAX and the rest of Archos should read this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How about the thousands of iPhones being bricked by an iTunes update.

I don't think QVC had problems with returns of the 704 WiFi even though some people are reporting DVR bugs. Anyways 704 WiFi is surely not to be restocked now since its 8 months old and it's just about time for the 705 WiFi to be released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:17 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

We're not interested in other company's problems, just Archos and our units !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well some people are trying to make a point about Archos being especially a bad company. So I'm just suggesting Archos may not be the only company in the world dealing with complicated firmware bugs, bricked consumer electronics, difficult quality control. Just mentionning the more famous iPhone and the XboX360 as examples of ultimate software/hardware/support fiascos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:36 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Do you have any technical contacts within Archos that can give us some feedback on whether there will be a new 704 firmware release ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah sometimes I can get answers from Archos if everyone behaves calmly and that the specific issues are very precise and confirmed and that the bugs are reproducable.

But I'd say what you should try and go for is see if the top 12 or so users of this forum who owns a 704 WiFi and experience problems to get somekind of deal to exchange it for the 705 WiFi for eigther just paying shipping costs, a small upgrade fee or maybe even nothing else then having to be one of the top-12 users of this forum.

There isn't only maybe possible quality control DVR hardware bugs, there is plenty of new hardware features in the 705 WiFi such as HD video playback support, video streaming from the Internet, Widgets, Webradios, Real Video, faster better browser with Flash support, an awesome new remote control for browsing on the TV and so much else. So I think that Archos most definately has an interest in keeping the most hardcore 704 WiFi users their customers and Archos can always check up on the used 704 WiFi and still sell them as reconditionned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:40 pm 
"I can get answers from Archos if everyone behaves calmly"

What is Archos my mother? I can have cookies and milk, only if I behave nicely???? LMFAO

I tried to get Archos to swap my 704 for another 704. They didnt go for that very well. I highly doubt they are going to give me a 705. But the fact that you say we should see if they would do this, shows that you are finally coming out of the closet and admitting there is a problem with the 704. I congratulate you for your honesty. Baby steps, my man...baby steps :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:48 pm 
If you all notice; next to my name on the left... it now says "complete idiot".

That is the type of forum being ran here. Dont let people know that the company has sold you a lemon. We are dealing with a two year old running this forum. Dont knock his adorable Archos or he will take his ball and go home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I didn-t change your rank to "complete idiot", it-s the phpbb script that is doing that automatically, I think it detected that you were acting like one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:26 pm 
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA.... Your jokes are almost as funny as the way you come off as an Archos Clown.