Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:59 am 

Sorry guys im royally and utter pissed off now....
Audible.com android app is fooking useless.....
NO one can say that DRM is usefull other than the cretings than make it.
Today i was out and about listening to the new michael crichton book and loving it only for it to stop for some strange reason.
I checked the screen and it is YET AGAIN requesting activation. Now over the last few months this has happened time and again - it always ends up with me emailing audible to get the activations back as i have seemed to used them all up.
Now audible are actually pretty good about resetting activations but im sick of the 24hr wait, and most of all that it happens in the first place.
I spend a small fortune on audiobooks every year and the very least is i expect to listen to the books i buy when i fooking want to not when audible chooses.

@audible.com your DRM is useless and is a waste of time, if you look all over the net you will see its been cracked and people are sharing the files freely, give it up already your just pissing off legitmate customers with the nonsence.

I currently have around 100 books on my audible account, i wont be purchasing any more now - im a platinum account holder and that will now be cancelled, i think i will go back to the libary again and save my self a small fortune without the headaches

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:12 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Works perfectly on my I pad, iPhone.
The fault isn't with audible, its an android problem.

Also, if i download audible content into iTunes, I can burn it to a cd.
I can take that CD and reimport it without Drm.

I love audible and have never had any issues.
Sorry you can't figure out how to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 am 

what planet are you on, this is an audible app/ drm problem!! not android, ive had the guys even sort this out for me, also this is a android / archos based community were not intrested in the bloat ware called itunes what so ever,
since i posted there has been a fix and ive not had the problem again (touch wood) but what i say still stand, drm is not useful to anyone, its been cracked and is now only affecting the end customers.