Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:29 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Quote:
Let me first say that this is not a thread about getting into an archos that is stolen. I've had this for awhile now (Note the post count and join date), and I now need your help.

Last Saturday night I had my archos in my coat pocket hanging in a closet while at a party (actually wasn't drinking...). When I woke up the next morning my pockets were open and Archos gone. After confronting a few kids, one of them texted me, "Hey, I found your thing, didn't realize I had it". When I got it back the battery was drained, and you know upon booting the A5IT it does not ask for password. My background was changed along with some apps, so it was obvious he had used this until it ran out of batteries, and then realizing he did not have the cord gave it back to me. After charging it I locked the screen and came back to it later to check my emails to only to be greeted by a password screen. What? I never have a password on mine because it is just straight inconvenient. I called him but he says he doesn't remember even turning it on...

So, how can I disable the password? I really do not want to format the drive. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT!

After failing to unlock it multiple times, a little button will appear that will say, "Forgot your unlock code". Click that, put in your google account details, and submit to reset your password.