Archos User

i was surfing on the archoslounge and i saw that:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jv12 ... yplay_tech
it seems like a archos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:14 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

actually, moovyplay is an old archos, you can read the special dedicated section in the archosfans forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:19 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

Quote:
According to videobusiness.com, CPFK is investing $40 million in this Moovyplay system, which is a revolutionary movie rental system in which Archos is delivering the hardware.

The 14GB storage that is menchionned sounds like a strange storage amount, I donÔÇÖt know which type of hard disk would provide that specific amount of storage. I wonder if they mixed it up with 20GB or 30GB. Cause 14GB for 30-40 movies would mean each ÔÇ£DVD qualityÔÇØ movie would be at a minimum of 350-460MB per movie, that might be a bit low. Although, itÔÇÖs maybe counting on shorter length movies, and they may be encoded using the more efficient h264 codec.

ItÔÇÖs interesting that it includes the HDMI cable for the 139Ôé¼ launch price. That should make it future proof for HD 720p content, thus a nice competitor to HDDVD and Blueray renting. I guess that 14GB could store at least 4-5 high definition movies in very nice 1280├ù720 quality, that would at least look great as long as Archos can upscale to the HDMI connector.

In the article, it is said, CPFK plans to expand this offer to Spain, Italy, Germany, the U.K., and ultimately to the U.S. In the U.S. it would be looking towards partnering preferably with an established franchise like Blockbuster. At least it will depend on the success of the initial tests that will be launched in France starting in October.

from http://archosfans.com/2007/08/16/moovyp ... with-hdmi/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There is a forum section for this product at http://forum.archosfans.com/viewforum.php?f=30

There are rumors that Blockbuster is using a system like Moovyplay or perhaps even Moovyplay itself in its Dallas Texas trials, and Blockbuster is going to launch it next month in the US at more locations.