Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi folks, not been on here for many months. Anyway my 705 is now in the possession of my 9 year old and with hols coming up I've just deleted a whole load of her films and put some new ones on 705 via usb to computer. Also loaded on some audio books on there. I then decided to delete my old music collection from HDD and then problems started. When I try block/single folder deletions via usb to pc I get unrecovarable/hdd file writing permission denied message (though I have managed to delete some single tracks). I then tried via file manager directly on 705 and got same message. Thought maybe HDD is on way out but went back in to videos and photos and I can still delete/add content and everything on HDD plays perfectly including the new audiobooks I added to music.

Anyone any ideas? Ideally I would like to clear off the 10gb of music that's on there and at present I've got about 30gb free so can't imagine I'm running low on disk space.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:54 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

gmp wrote:
Hi folks, not been on here for many months. Anyway my 705 is now in the possession of my 9 year old and with hols coming up I've just deleted a whole load of her films and put some new ones on 705 via usb to computer. Also loaded on some audio books on there. I then decided to delete my old music collection from HDD and then problems started. When I try block/single folder deletions via usb to pc I get unrecovarable/hdd file writing permission denied message (though I have managed to delete some single tracks). I then tried via file manager directly on 705 and got same message. Thought maybe HDD is on way out but went back in to videos and photos and I can still delete/add content and everything on HDD plays perfectly including the new audiobooks I added to music.

Anyone any ideas? Ideally I would like to clear off the 10gb of music that's on there and at present I've got about 30gb free so can't imagine I'm running low on disk space.

Thanks
It sounds like you have some bad sectors on the hard drive. Was the unit dropped at all?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not that I can remember. Is there any way to partially format or defragment parts of HDD without wiping Archos OS?