Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Internet is way too slow
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Is it just me, or is browsing so slow for everyone? I can't stream audio, with the web tv radio plugin, worth a damn..........most pages in the Opera browser never load fully......????
Ideas? Solutions? I have a 705 wifi 80GB........

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Here's a follow up to my question: Is the 705 so old that there just aren't any people out there who use them anymore, and/or who know any fixes for any problems?
God knows Archos doesn't seem to care.........maybe I shoulda bought an iPod......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:43 pm 

jdocop, the 605 and 705 have been out for quite some time now. They are 3 or 4 generations behind the latest. This is good and bad.

The bad is that the components are all 4 years old. This is like 100 years in electronics life.

The good is that every issue you could possible have with this unit has been covered to death within this forum. If you post a question you may get a reply from a member very quickly, then again you may not. The best thing to do is to do searches within the 705 Section and see what you can come up with. Post your question here, but if you are waiting try digging around. Search many different ways too, as some searches will be more successful than others. I'm sure you will find threads that have gone on for long periods of time and will have a wealth of info in them. Get out your reading glasses and good luck.

PS: For what it is worth my 605 was slow from the start, and I found it to be basically unusable for internet browsing. I could check some game scores with it but I would run out of patience very quickly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Kodiak, I do appreciate your response. The only reason I posted this question is because my searching had not found anything on this particular topic. I now see that I might as well forget any use of the internet with this device. And, yes, I am well aware that this is old technology. But, hey, I have found some great radio stations using the web radio feature.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I have never had any success using the internet with this unit...even after buying all the plug ins. As a straight up video player once you figure out what video files will play and how to compress them and remix the audio so it is louder this thing rocks! As far as any network capabilities with the 705 in my experience this was a complete overstatement by Archos. Never had any success using it as a DVR as well. I'll never buy another Archos product because of this as I feel misled. They should have simply marketed this as a media player and nothing else...

Louie