Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello all. I have had my Archos for about 3yrs now and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to sort my directorys under my video folder. Everytime I make folders with videos in them and copy them over to my A705, they do not display in alphabetical order, not sure what order they are sorted in. I do not see an option on the Archos for file sorting directories or files under the video icon. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
JD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello there JD, Well, I figured it out. I just changed my device to be a PC Hard Drive instead of a Windows Media Device and now it is in alphabetical order. Well, that was easy! Love this device, but sure would like to get one of the newer ones that can read MKV files. I've been converting all of mine to avi's to view in my A705.
Ciao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:22 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Thank you for this post. I have had the same issue and will go home tonight and make the switch. Everything still functions the same way regardless of whether it is set as a PC Hard Drive or a Windows Media Device? Where do I need to go in settings to make the switch? Many thanks.
Louie