Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Internet speed
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm finding using the internet is painfully slow even with full strength WiFi signal. I would go so far as saying internet on my mobile phone using mobile network is a lot quicker.

Is this normal?

I've tried a couple of full turn offs/on, clear cache, history, cookies. But no effect.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Internet speed
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I found the my 705 to be the same. It seems like it would be a last resort using it for a wireless browser. It's main strength appears to be playing video. I just don't think the CPU can effectively support Opera.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

seriously? im replying to this post on my 705..i dont find it that slow. i use it at the gf place for light surfing. its great for emails or browsing forums. for an older device it does the trick. comparing the 705 to a newer device with android, than ya, its gonna be slower.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It all depends on the wireless strength and complexity of the page. If it's something simple, you won't notice much of a difference, but opening a page with a lot of overhead it's is rather slow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

it depends on your provider and the network. try to improve the speed of your Internet using some tips like
1.Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video or other multimedia content (see "How to Turn Off Sounds, Pictures or Video on Web Pages").
2.Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.
3.Use your cache effectively. "Cache" refers to storage space where your recently visited Web sites are saved. You may need to resize your cache allotment, or you may need to purge your cache periodically. Look through your browser's menus for items named Cache, Temporary Internet files and so on.
4.Upgrade your modem.
5.Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
6.Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
and now check your connection speed here http://www.scanmyspeed.com/ yet your connection is slow then contact your broadband service provider.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

There is a best solution for that you need to go a online app of speed test and check your internet speed and decide that the speed you are gaining is that good for you and if not then contact to your internet service provider for the better internet speed.