Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I have been using the Weather Forcast and News Reader widgets on my 705 since I first purchased it and a couple of days ago they stopped connecting saying no network available even though it is connected to the internet and Opera etc works fine. I downloaded the widgets again and installed them but still it they wont connect.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:27 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Forgot to say Widget finder connects and downloads widgets but when installed they dont show up on the 705.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Just checked mine and same thing. The message "No Network available"

"Please exist (sic) the widget and enable a connection"

Looks like something Archos has turned off !, unless they have a temporary fault on their system.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

@robtek70 - When you "install" the widget, do you mean you change the extension from .wgt to .zip, and put them into your widget folder? Did you update the Arc-Lib.

@Denis - Have you tried enabling the Wi-Fi before you started the widget.

Maybe try clearing the cache, or if possible try to connect to a neighbors network.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Downloaded Widget (.aos) from Archos site, copied to root directory on Archos , rebooted auto installed. Also downloaded widgets using "get new widget" menu. Internet connection works perfectly otherwise I couldn't download them. Arc-Lib updated. All widgets work except ones needing internet access. Can get Web TV, Web pages, download from Jamendo, stream video etc from my PC its just the widgets that won't connect. I have tried a full factory reset, re-installed all plugins and widgets again but still no luck.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:20 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Have you made any recent changes before the widgets stopped connecting? And as a last resort (because it is a real pain) you could try to reinstall the firmware.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

As mentioned previously I have done a reset, format etc. also re-installed the firmware, all plugins and widgets but they still won't connect to the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:51 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Yes wifi working ok but weather etc widgets not working. I have also posted in the 605 forum and reports there also of these widgets not working. Suggested the hosts of these widgets may have withdrawn their service.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm new to the archos and just got the plug-ins so can use internet etc. And my widgets says same cannot connect to network for weather, strangely though when I used currency converter it updated the exchange rates. Haven't tried other widgets.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same issue. I download the widget using the built-in wifi browser so I know it's connected to the internet, but after installation the widget says it's not connected. I'm wondering if the widgets are made for the desktop version of the Opera browser and there's some sort of difference in the way an internet connection is signaled in the Archos version making the widgets think they are not connected.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem and I have exhausted all possibilities known to me. It seems that they simply stopped working for good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:14 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have an Archos 605 wifi and, yes the weather and news feed widgets (in fact seemly any widget that requires access to the Internet) simply fail to find the network despite the 605's wifi being enabled (and all other wifi and Internet functionality working as usual). This has been like this for some months now (first discovered the problem in April this year) and I thought it was me until I saw these postings. Looks like I am part of a wider club (LOL). More annoying than fatal as I can simply access the Internet to find out the news and weather, just the principle really......

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:50 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

widgets no longer working . I guess the 605 and 705 are old hat !

Pity Archos cannot even get a new 101 Tablet to work

Was a great a media player company .