Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: NewMP3Technology.com
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I always check the terms and conditions on sellers web sites to make sure that I understand how they operate an whether or not I feel comfortable doing business with them.

Just for info, NewMP3Technology.com who sell Archos accessories and players is American owned and, according to my local Trading Standards office, they do not have to comply with the UK Distance Selling regulations or any UK or EU consumer laws.

So this is just a heads-up for anyone considering making a purchase with them. I am not suggesting for a moment that there is anything wrong with this company, or that you will have anything but a good experience, but you should be aware that you will not have any protection under UK or EU consumer laws should there be any problems with your transactions.

Are there any UK based companies selling Archos accessories that anyone has come across? I would prefer to buy from them if there are.

Post subject: Re: NewMP3Technology.com
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

That's an interesting point, although just because a company is american owned doesn't mean you don't have any UK consumer rights [for example ASDA is owned by Walmart] nor should it matter too much where the internet server that processes the transaction is based.

I don't doubt the advice you have been given but I note from their website that UK deliveries are shipped from 28 Old Brompton Road, South Kensington, SW7 3SS, United Kingdom. That would be my first port of call - and of course if you use a UK credit card and the purchase total exceeds £100 then you have the same sale of goods protection under the Consumer Credit Act for purchases from abroad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes xodale, you're right about the credit card :) . I hadn't considered that option. Their address, though, is just a warehouse address in the UK - not their registered trading address which dictates which laws apply. ASDA stores do have registered UK addresses and so are covered by UK consumer law. Anyway, as I said, it is just something to be aware of - I am certainly not suggesting there is anything dodgy about them!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:27 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Another supplier of Archos batteries is Megacapacity.com. They list one for a 704 which I got and use in my 705. Very fast service and no problems. They also do the megacapacity versions.

Also an American site, but free postage !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just an FYI .. I used this company with my UK credit card and got the goods ok :) but my credit card company security department called me and did not like this company as they said they are a risk :shock: and cancelled my credit card and sent me a new one. This was a pain while I waited for the new one to arrive

I know lots of others have bought from them also without problems ... as far as I know :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This company is rubbish, do not buy from them I bought a charger from them through Amazon and another company called Laptops4u my payment went to newmp3technology, I sent the charger back amd have received nothing in back, no reply to my polite emails or voice mail requests having spoken to Archos they say theydo not supply this company from the uk. they are asharks and robbers and not prepared to meet there obligations as proper retailers and deserve all the bad feedback they get, I did warn them about there actions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have bought many items from this site over the years with no problem at all. Most recently in Feb 2011 a replacement high capacity battery for my 705 as the original held charge for 20 minutes (been using on airplane power for years). (Separate note if you get high capacity 704 battery it will work fine but keep your old battery as high capacity does not fit in docking station to record or playback to TV using SVHS or component). The service was quick, I have always got what I ordered with no price discrepancies. American Express did not contact me about the transaction which went through as smoothly as all the prior ones (I have two older Archos's and have dealt with me over many years). I fiind the negative comments from some posters very strange but their transactions involved what I presume is a British third party who I have never used. I would unreservedly recommend NewMP3Technology.com to other forum members based on my personal experience.