Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I believe I've searched every which way on these forums, but maybe I'm missing the key words. Anyway, here goes:

I have a TV+ 80Gb version that has never really run right: re-boots, disconnects from WiFi, etc. Even when it was IN warranty, I never rec'd much help from Archos. I put it in a box and forgot about it til recently.

Now I'm running a NAS with built-in UPnP and can see the possibilities of using the old TV+ as a DLNA client. Is there a project to put a Linux flavor or XBMC/Boxee port or some other OS on the TV+ so that it would actually be usable?

TIA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:19 am 
Archos User
Archos User

i don't know if this helps but
i have been using my archos tv with my playon account for over 2 years. i also use it with a android apps called imedia share and ArkMC which allows me to stream files to and from my android phone and tablets through the archos tv. That give Hulu,Netflix,and Amazon on demand on the archos tv. This works so well that I now own 3 archos tv boxes.You have to pay for a playon account the android apps are free. It's like having a Roku or Google tv box. Also the file server build into the archos tv works greats wilt your pc or internet ready tv.Same os on the archos but using it with the android os.All with upnp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, I have an iPad .. Do you think that with arkmc app I would be able to access and play content from archos tv+ on the iPad? ....or have i misunderstood how it works?