Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My issue:
-After the device boots, it comes to a screen saying that it has already been configured and if I choose to continue with the Wizard that I will most likely change/delete the connections settings that are already set.
-I try to use the remote control, which does not respond (yes, I have changed the batteries :) )
-It automatically goes to the a blue screen that states in multiple languages that if I see this in color to click OK, which I attempt to do, but the device does not respond to my remote control (this screen would stay all day if I do not pull the plug, but then it is the same thing again, so I have it completely disconnected now :? )
-No matter how many times I have pulled the plug and waited 15 seconds, it is exactly the same behavior.
-I have attempted reset, copied a new firmware to a USB stick (which is not recognized by the device from what I can see), I have connected my PC to the USB Host port but it does not allow me to copy anything to the Archos device once it is seen in my Windows explorer (most likely since the device is not fully booted with all peripherals active or some such thing)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I will update if this proves to be true, but it looks like the remote died. I tested if an IR beam is coming out in comparison to all other remotes I have in the house, and the Archos remote does not seem to be sending an IR beam. :o
I just ordered a replacement online and will post if that was the fix.
Boy, hope it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yup, it was the remote!
All is right with the world again. :D