Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: component recording
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi there
I just got my tv+ yesterday through Ebay and have been looking into it all through yesterday. First of all I can't seem to get a picture trough to the tv+ through the component in ports. I was hoping to attach a component cable between my cablebox and the tv+ and then a hdmi cable between the tv+ and my tv. No luck at all. I get the sound but no picture. The only way to get a picture through is by using the composite port. Why is that? Why do ARchos make component in and out if it doesn't work. Even when I use the cables that was in the box there is only picture through the composite. I've tried any thinkable connection and tried everything in the video recorder source settings...no luck. It makes no sense to make a cables with so many connections on it when only the composite does the trick

It's not because of the maerial being pushed through the component as it is only sd-material. It's digital tv, but not HD. The composite source makes the picture very bad and it's like watching a bad vhs movie. I've called the archos support, but the don't know anything about this product as it's not being sold anymore. Great customer support eh?
Another bad thing about the archos tv+ is that I can see that my country (Denmark) is not supported by the tv program guide. How could I have known this before purchase? So right now I'm standing with a machine that can record in the same quality as my old vhs, if not worse than that.

Can anyone help me about the component/composite switching????? It should be possible

Post subject: Re: component recording
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi again
I've checked through all in this archos tv+ forum and nobody mentions this problem. Please....it would mean the world to me if I was able to use the component-in to record in reasonable quality. As it is it's very bad quality and any help whatsoever would be most apreciated....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi people
I can see that 40 people have seen this post but I haven't got any reply's. Please if you know something about this please reply. Even if you don't know the solution to this let me know if you have the same problem. I hope that all of you good people must have encountered with this problem like me and can give some tips or anything else. PLEASE reply if you see this post, as I'm very frustrated about this.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi people
I can see that 40 people have seen this post but I haven't got any reply's. Please if you know something about this please reply. Even if you don't know the solution to this let me know if you have the same problem. I hope that all of you good people must have encountered with this problem like me and can give some tips or anything else. PLEASE reply if you see this post, as I'm very frustrated about this.
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I only use my TV+ to charge my A5 IMT, store movies,TV Progs, music,photos and some PDF files. connect to your PC with a USB cable, and dump stuff across.
I will often stream video from my PC as it has a whole range of codec's that I would otherwise have to pay Archos for.
I use MediaTomb to stream files from a share folder. I have never tried to connect any other cables, as the device is a bit limited.
You would think Archos would give the codecs and plug ins free as they no longer support the TV+....?

Regards
Floppyjoe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yeah....guess theyre not being very supportive of the customers...But I just can't understand why the archos tv+ have component in on the back if you can't use it. You can only use the component to scart cable that came along. But that way you only get composite signal and not component. Composite on a flatscreen looks worse than vhs. I'm talking about when you wanna record from the tv.....it only records through the composite and doesnt work if you put component from the cabletv and in to the archos.....very strange