Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Browse TV+ From PC
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,

I can access files on my PC from the TV+ over the wifi network. Should I be able to browse the TV+ from my PC ?

When I go into Network Details and wireless file server it always says the server is running and asks if I want to shut it down. I never see any other options (e.g to start the server) ?

I have tried to see the TV+ from several machines on the network but it never shows up. I can ping it ok and access the web page with the links to the Archos site etc.

\\ArchosTVplus or \\192.168.253.5 don't work.

Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Browse TV+ From PC
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

The only way I have found to browse the TV+ is to connect it to my PC with a USB printer cable.
I use mine to charge up my A5 imt and swap files between them.
To stream files I use Media Tomb on my Linux box.
I just wonder if I could Dual boot the TV+ with another Linux distro....HHHMMMMM

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:51 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

You should be able to view the TV+ hard drive if you hard wire it through the RJ45 Ethernet connector, and hook it up to your router.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Floppyjoe wrote:
You should be able to view the TV+ hard drive if you hard wire it through the RJ45 Ethernet connector, and hook it up to your router.

So you can't browse it wirelessly ?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:56 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

No it only works as a server as far as l can see.
l have to plug it into my pc to view and transfer files,cant say l use it much, since l got my A5 imt, use it mainly for storeage and wireless playback.
l haven't bought any of the plugins.

regards
floppyjoe

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Yes thats all I use it for, but I was hoping that after downloading stuff onto the PC I could transfer it to the Archos wirelessly without getting up and going to the Archos and using their clunky interface.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:48 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

It would probably be of more use, if it could be loaded with another linux distro.
There are plenty of apps I would like to use on the TV+ a wireless keyboard with mouse pad would be a good idea to.
Lets face it with a half decent OS it would be a peachy little media streamer/ PC....
You could be a lot more productive with it, and have it as part of your network.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:43 am 
Archos User
Archos User

hi catweazel,regarding the tv+,when the file server is running go to your pc go to network and see if you can see the archostvplus on the screen if so on the left in folders click on the archos tvplus if it prompts you for password it is admin then media when screen changes click on media you should see all the content of the tv+ there,you can do over wifi but ethernet is better unless you have a strong wifi signal,i think it is a good device had mine sometime now and with all the bad press it gets it as got plenty of +++++hope i am not sucking eggs but trying to pass on how i get it to work good luck ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:08 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Roy,

Yes that's how I expected it to work, but mine doesn't :-(

Regardless of whether its connect via ethernet or wireless the TV+ can see and browse the other machines on my network, but none of the machines see the Archos. When I go into network details it always tells me the file server is running. I tried doing a factory reset and installed the latest firmware ( 2.1.04 ).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:40 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi catweasel,what happens when you get to the stage when you have to enter your password where you enter admi and media ?also when you say the file server is running that is what mine does you won't get any other prompts except when you actually go into the network section on pc then all your items which show ie printer other devicses you should see the archostvplus show on the pc also on the left under folders it should be present there click on it and should bring up all yourcontent ontv +. This is how my tv+ does it ,I find it a good recorder browser music player you name it Can you get the upnp option ok on the file browser that can be a pig to work. Hope you get some success ,but as far as the file server is concerned it says it is running the rest is finding it on the network set up then it works quite well. ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Roy,

wappingite wrote:
what happens when you get to the stage when you have to enter your password

I can't get to this stage

wappingite wrote:
go into the network section on pc then all your items which show ie printer other devicses you should see the archostvplus show on the pc also on the left under folders it should be present

Nope thats my problem it never shows up on the PC's. The PC's see each other and my printer no problem.

wappingite wrote:
Can you get the upnp option ok on the file browser

Yep that ( and everything else ) works fine from the Archos side.

Simon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:59 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Simon did you get my. PM. RE TV+

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Roy,

Thanks for all your help. It's good to know that other peoples TV+ works as I would have expected mine to. Unfortunately the problem seems to be with my unit or setup.

My setup is exactly as you describe but the Archos doesn't show up on my PC's.

Thanks again for your help.

Simon