Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hello

a friend of me have a archos 604 and dvr station.
I have a archos 405. we tested the g4 dvr station on my 405 and it works great!!! :D. the click cradle fits perfectly. :shock: It can record and display to tv. I don't know how epg works so we didn't tried it. I didn't noticed any bugs but i didn't tried the remote. also the display is in the left corner a little bit curved. (I think it's my tv). I mean you can buy the g5 dvr station with wifi and qwerty remote or you can save (i live in europe) Ôé¼30 (about 50 dollar) and don't use wifi. I don't know how the g5 station works but i thought if you have a 405 you can't use wifi.(i realy don't know how it works)

sorry for my bad english

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:45 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

tompon wrote:
hello

a friend of me have a archos 604 and dvr station.
I have a archos 405. we tested the g4 dvr station on my 405 and it works great!!! :D. the click cradle fits perfectly. :shock: It can record and display to tv. I don't know how epg works so we didn't tried it. I didn't noticed any bugs but i didn't tried the remote. also the display is in the left corner a little bit curved. (I think it's my tv). I mean you can buy the g5 dvr station with wifi and qwerty remote or you can save (i live in europe) €30 (about 50 dollar) and don't use wifi. I don't know how the g5 station works but i thought if you have a 405 you can't use wifi.(i realy don't know how it works)

sorry for my bad english

The Gen 05 DVR station doesn't have WiFi - this is only available in the 605 & 705 players, so putting a 405 into a Series 5 DVR station wouldn't give you WiFi. I'm not sure what other differences there are - maybe there was a different remote control with the older DVR station. For the 405 I'd guess that the old station would be ok - as it seems to work for you. Good tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I posted this thing that the 405 works with the g4 dvr station and I've found the pictures again!!! (this was like 4 months before i got a cracked screen (see forum) :D )

(sorry for the blurryness)

I don' know if the remote works

Post subject: 405 & Gen 4 DVR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Both my 405 and my 605 work just fine with the g4 DVD station. The supplied inserts click in okay, kind of hard to get out, but they do fit. The remote that came with the unit works too. I haven't tried recording, but from what I've seen in the forum it should work as well as all the other features.

I spent some time watching a flick streaming from my PC to my docked 605 last night with only a second or two of stutter in the middle of the film.

The only question I have is what is the difference between the g4 and the g5?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:40 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Excuse me... and sorry for getting a little off topic... but have anyone of you tryied the DVR Gen4 Remote Control on a AV500 model? (since they have the built in IR)... im interested in getting one of those remotes for size issues...

thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

well, first of all it is the remote, the g5 have a all letter (i don't know if it is qwerty) remote, something with controlling other devices and the dvd upscaling but i don't know for sure.

and i don't know if a g4 remote works on a av500 model, perhaps you should try?

Post subject: DVR Station...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Gen4 DVR station working well on 405 and 605 (no wifi, no big deal for me)

FYI to all interested...
Helmet cam and Travel Adapters interchangeable from Gen4 to Gen 5 as well.