Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:25 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have owned my AV405 30Gb for 3 years and it has worked well until I had to replace the bulging battery. It was so bad it was forcing the case apart! Having put the new battery in and started the device for the first time, I placed it in the Gen5 dock overnight. I was expecting the charge light to be blinking the following morning but it was still showing a steady green light. The battery charge indicator was flashing (lightening bolt). Removed the device from the dock and tried playing music file. Device shut itself down after 5 seconds!

I left it on charge overnight and noticed that the charge light had gone out completely. I plugged it into USB port on my PC and it prompts 'enable USB? OK/ Charge Only. Without me pressing any buttons it switches itself off and the restarts again and again. It gets stuck in a loop.

Battery flat?

Latest update . . . . eventually after leaving the AV405 connected to my laptop it stopped switching itself off and lo and behold the charge light started to flash.
Battery fully charged.

GEN5 Docking station #500879 is not charging the AV405. But everything else seems okay i.e. recording TV and playback.

Looks like the dock is faulty but I cannot fathom what is wrong! The same connection is used in the dock as with the USB cable so why does it fully charge when attached to the computer and NOT when attached to the dock? The device shows it is receiving a charge but it just doesn't work. If anything it drains the battery.

Has anyone else any ideas as to the fault/solution.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:06 am 

could be one of the connectors on the dock has dirt/ bent etc on the metal contact, give it a spray with contact cleaner and see if it recieves a charge then.
it could also be the mains adaptor is not supplying enough juice - im not sure how you can test that though.
my guess is dirt tbh, whilst your at it give the connections on the bottom of the player a clean with an earbud as well so you can rule out this problem
roy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:24 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for the tip Roy. I will do as suggested and see if I can find a way of testing the power input. I will post my result here. Brian