Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, can someone please tell me if the Archos travel adaptor needs to be connected to a power supply before a fully charged 405 can record movies from a bullet camera?
I've just picked up a 405 2GB for use at work etc as a more portable option to my 705. I've seen sales pictures of the 405 being used with the helmet cam and travel adaptor and no other cables. As I already own a bullet cam with RCA connector and separate 12v supply, I thought I'd buy the travel adaptor. The instruction manual recommends that the Archos wall socket supply should be used for long durations of filming / recording. I assumed that this meant the travel adaptor did not neccessarily need the power adaptor to function if your Archos player was fully charged. However, when I connect up my 405, travel adaptor and bullet cam (with it's own power pack) I do not get the video recording option appear unless I have the travel adaptor connected to the mains. This kind of defeats the mobility function for use on motorbikes etc. Am I doing something wrong or does the travel adaptor always require a 5v supply?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I dont think it needs power... I have the mini-adaptor and it works great without external power... the problem is that the features it offers are battery drainers... so a wall plug is almost a must...

My 405 its almost 2 years old... and i cant even get through a full length movie... (2 hrs)... so with a flash drive plugged in that would be like 30 minutes...

Video Recording its gonna be very little with the battery life of the 405