Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello, I'm a newbie, so apologies if my question has been answered elsewhere on the forum.
Until recently, I had been using the Program Guide to set up timed recordings. Everything was going well until I let the Program Guide on the 405 run out, not the licence just the program data on the 405. At this point, when I hit the Rec option from the home screen, it told me my Program Guide needed to be updated. So I went to Archoslink and downloaded/synced the new guide, disconnected my 405 from my PC (safely!), but still no guide. Archos support suggested upgrading firmware and checking language and time settings, all of which I have done to no avail. They also said read the FAQ, part of which says delete the epglist.dat file on the 405 and start again; this just gave me an Error when I donwloaded from Archoslink. I've just tried syncing again tonight, and get 100% on Download & Sync, but when I safely disconnect the 405 from the PC, I don;t get a message to update the guide, and sure enough when I hit the Rec option, it just says No program information for all my channels.
HELP! :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

:D
YES! I managed to fix it myself! For those who might be having the same problem, here's how I fixed it.
Went to files, highlighted the Epg folder and renamed it to 123.
I then connected the Archos to my PC and enabled USB, then opened Archoslink and clicked donwload on the Program Guide update; this time it took much longer, and the sync also took longer (previous attempts this week had been completed in less than 5 seconds).
I then safely disconnected the Archos from the PC, and lo and behold the message appeared on the Archos "Updating Program Guide". Just too late to record tonight's "Family Guy" #-o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi ,

I noticed this, and was wondering what else you did, you see i am having the same problem, i connect the 405 up to my pc, and using the archos link that is on my desktop, try to download the tv guide, it gets as far as showing the bar increasing, so its trying to download, however it gets to the end of the bar, then comes up with error and thats it, i have tried your idea by renaming the EPG file, but still no joy, any ideas would be grateful.

many thanks,
cmikkky.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,we're new to this but cannot find details of our similar problem in the FAG's or any help from the Archos support team.

We cannot get the EPG and have not even got as far as getting "error" messages.

Where do we find the EPG? All of our installations and registration instructions have been followed exactly but no programme listings show up?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

cmikky, SWIPE

Are you using the original USB cable supplied by Archos? I've had problems using "non-Archos" cables.
Instead of renaming the EPG folder, I now completely remove it before connecting the Archos to my PC.
Also, I've noticed sometimes other "copies" of the epg.dat file remain on the device, and until all of them are deleted; e.g. if you've got an SD card installed in the Archos, check there isn't an epg file there.
Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:01 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

SWIPE

Just another thought; have you registered your TV Guide preferences on the tvtv website?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi Gromit,

Thanks for replying,

I have looked through the files icon, and there is no trace of an EPG file, I am still trying the Archos link to download the Tv guide update, but i am still getting no joy with it, I am using the Archos USB cable.
If you have any other ideas I would be extremely grateful, however I think i am going to have to give this one up as a lost cause. I tried contacting Archos and all i got was, " sorry your warrenty is now expired, please contact repair " some customer service eh? all i wanted was for them to tell me why the Archos link was not working.

Many thanks

Cmikkky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

cmikky

You probably need to register with tvtv; go to their website http://www.tvtv.co.uk/tvtv/index.vm?lang=en to set up an account. If you still have the initial registration details and code that came with your Archos, you -may- still qualify for the 1 year free subscription to the TV Guide. If not, you'll need to purchase a year's subscription from the tvtv website. Once tvtv recognise you as a customer, try hooking up your Archos to your PC and run the program guide download again from Archos Link.

Hope this helps

Paul