Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am 

Hi i thought i would tell you of a problem that just occured on my 405 just to warn others.
my 405 is very little used nowadays as i have the new 5 and 605. i decided to watch a movie on my 5 but couldnt be bothered to transfere it onto either of the 05 gen models, so i plugged the 5 into the dvr station so i could watch the movie. i noticed the 405 was very low on battery life but thought it wasnt a problem as it was on the full size dock - i was wrong. halfway though the movie it all shut off and the 405 wouldnt start, i left it on the dock to charge a little bit then tried to start without any luck. i then hit the reset and was greeted with the 102 error code (never seen it on the 405 - dozens of times on the 605 though) pressing no just looped it back to the same screen. i decided to leave the player trickle charging as a failed flash would kill the player. an hour later i reloaded the firmware and all works ok - but the battery is completely discharged. its now charging again happily.
so if your using your player be it on a dvr / mini dock with another drive connected be aware it wont charge as quick as it uses the battery life, this took me by suprise as its 2amp output on the dock, so the players must draw more than 2 amp when a drive is connected.
roy