Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Have had my 405 nearly 4 months now, bought an 8gb SD card for it at the same time and has had no problems reading the card what so ever. Started the 405 up this morning to listen to some music and now its not seeing the card (working last night), have tried shutting down and re-starting but still nothing.

I have tried the card out in my PC and it reads the files instantly, have put a different card in the 405 with just pictures on and again its found the card instantly, so now what? I cant re-format the card as the 405 wont even see it.

btw Its the SanDisk 8GB SDHC card

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:05 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Same thing happened with the sd 4gb card I got in my QVC bundle. Works fine everywhere else but the 405 doesn't see it. It worked at first then it just didn't. I try it every so often just to check.... all the other cards I have are seen fine. It's very strange, As long as it doesn't happen with my 16gb card!

If anyone has an answer it'd be good! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The exact same thing has just happened with mine. I swapped the 4gb card for a 2gb one and it recognized it, but now it won't let me sync wth media player at all. It just gets to 100% on the first song and then stops.

I tried resetting everything and the eventually did a factory reset, but nothing is working with it.

Am I going to have to send it back to be replaced??

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

well it seems to be a problem for me as well, the 4gb card i had from qvc has worked fine since it was installed got me a new 8gb sdhc card this week installed it fine copied the movies etc on to it plays fine, but my old card back in and its not seen at all, installed it into my card reader and its seen right away and im able to read and write to it ok,stick it back in the 405 and nothing.

Looks like no one here has an answer to looks like im stuck with just the new 8gb sdhc card, is it maybe a software prob where it only see's the new bigger card and wont read anything else maybe ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Should only be the one card it won't see. My 405 still doesn't see the 4gb card from QVC but does see another 4gb card I had in my camera so I've swopped them over! Card works fine in camera......

It's very strange. Hubby's 405 can't see the card either but his 4gb card in his bundle is still OK.