Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have an external hard disk with 200 GB of music if I link with the HD 405 2Gb music as it is managed ?...... different songs can be played in succession between them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I just went and check with my mothers 405.. and a flash drive as a external memory.

You cannot play All the songs as if you would in the library under Title (that would show all the songs in the built in memory)...

But you CAN make a playlist with all the songs you would like it to play... Songs from the external drive AND from the built in memory... and they will be played one after another, or back and forth if you have the list in shuffle...

Note that if you have a SD memory card inserted... THOSE songs will be added to the player Library as if it were internal memory.. so there is no worry about that (that is something Creative Zen havent done yet)

The crappy part is.. that once you safe unplugged the external drive... the list still remain... and my advice would be to erase it before playing anything else... cause even though the drive was unplugged the list still showed the songs and when I try to play the list... The player crashed and rebooted...

I havent tried to Save the list and see if it work next time the drive is plug......

I still think its a step forward from, lets say 3rd Gen.. which if I plug the external drive, I CANT make playlist, since the songs are showed in the "Browser" folder on the main menu...
But my av500 (3rd gen for those who dont know).. Does NOT crash after i unplug the external drive... cause it simply would not let my Resume...