Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 12:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:57 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I have a problem related to one thread on this forum....

The battery of my 405 doesnt get up to 6 bars.... actually when the charging light start blinking it goes up to 3 out of 6 bars and then go down to 1 bar....

So it seems a battery issue... but can this be fix?... i mean... should i charge completly for 1 day or something like that...? should i format the drive?...

please help thanx...

Last edited by BUC on Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:38 am 

i just solved this annoying issue with mine, i think the batterys need a lot of GOOD charges before they config correctly. First i hit the reset button using a paperclip then I used mine over night playing a movie on repeat so it was well and truely dead in the morning. I then gave it a charge on my dock then repeated movie playback until the battery was depleated again. This seemed to have solved the problem this time and im currently registering 6full bars.
roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:01 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Thanx roy... I only have the usb charger... this was a present for my mother... so she was real happy with it and now the battery is kind of crazy... i told her to use it till is dead and right now im doing a good full charge... so tomorrow ill use it to see how it goes....

If does not work correctly ill try your way...

So... how long should it run in your day to day usage for music?... a guesstimate...

Thanx roy

BUC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 am 

i get about 11-13 hrs, no where near the quoted 17hrs. Video is rather poor though, only 3 hrs is the max ive been able to squeeze. Something i pointed out in my thread is the sd cards get VERY warm. Im now coping files from sd card to internal memory to see if i can get any better results, will have to wait for my results though as im not at work till tues.
The sd cards are heating up even when not in use so try it without a card in when not needed.
I think the player is pretty so so, it shouldnt be in the same generation as the 05 it should really be called the 403sd as the 404 is a better machine imo. Having no hard drive is the real bonus though, but defo not an upgrade for anyone with an 04 player. Plus the colour SUCKS lol.
roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:51 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I finally got the Mini Dock.. and Im pleased to know its smaller than what i imagine.. though I still prefer the features built in like my old av500.. I think its a MUST have for the 405...

My mom already told me how much the battery life improved after charging it from the dock.. and of course the charging times are a whole lot better...

Thanx for the info Roy..