Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:50 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

-- edited --

Last edited by su-30mki on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

i dont know whether someone has posted this before, but ive had my archos 605 4GB for about a month now, and when i connected to wifi it was working fine. about 2 weeks later, i updated the firmware to the new one (sorry dont know the code) and i used the wifi for a bit for about a week.
last night i tried to access the wifi and it didnt work. It said "Wifi Error". Now, this cant be a problem witht he device, because it was definately working before.
I then tried sitting next to the wireless, and the same happened "Wifi error" then the archos goes back to the main menu page.
ive tried loads of stuff, and nothing is happening.
help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can see the firmware version that you have installed in the settings. Did you try to clear temporary cache and thumbnail files through that option in the settings and also doing a complete reboot by shutting down completely using the option in the settings?

If that doesn't fix it, perhaps you can check disk by holding On and Lock button in for 5 seconds when booting the unit after a complete shut down.. And if it is still buggy then try the format option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:27 am 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

has anyone had this happen....you pu on a new video and in the video browser is show like this "sample.avi" but in the video mode is shows up "sample". what happened? why the change?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:37 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Charbax wrote:
You can see the firmware version that you have installed in the settings. Did you try to clear temporary cache and thumbnail files through that option in the settings and also doing a complete reboot by shutting down completely using the option in the settings?

If that doesn't fix it, perhaps you can check disk by holding On and Lock button in for 5 seconds when booting the unit after a complete shut down.. And if it is still buggy then try the format option.

i tried the clear tempory setting and nothing changed, but when i did a shutdown of the unit the wifi managed to pick up the wireless.
thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:19 am 
Archos User
Archos User

suproach wrote:
First of all I think your way over reacting to the fact that you can't see a "secure" icon. That doesn't necessarily mean its not encrypted at all. Plus its not like around every corner there's id theives somehow putting a port logger in your DSL lines. Plus you should be using secured wifi if u really care neway. And linux isn't "unhackable" but there's no viruses designed to attack an archos, seeing as so few people have them and their processing power and connectivity is limited. You can download attachments if their in pdf or a media format. And most ID theives aren't too interested in buying archos merchandise. Do you think if someone stealls your credit card, they can't just type your name into zabasearch and get your adress age and phone number? You are sadly misinformed.

i get ur point suproach. but i'd rather be careful than sorry. btw zabasearch or google etc does not get any of my personal details. i might not be a techie but i do try to take precautions and i have 'never' had a listed phone number and do block caller ID for calls originating from my lines and aquaintances only get a mobile # and not a landline #. yes my wifi is a secured one and i get free ID theft insurance. but having seen how much trouble some people had regarding ID theft, i would rather be safe than sorry. i happen to know some who lost a lot of money and has hassles as well after that about credit scores. but thats nothing compared to what else can happen as in this link http://www.lightbluetouchpaper.org/2007 ... ine-risks/ . so i would rather be more cautious than sorry.
maybe i should send an online query to my card provider security section about my doubts about archos portal and whether it is secure for their cards to be used there. i know the last bit is secure where credit card details are entered but dont think the other bits about address etc are. and i dont plan on putting it in the public domain curtesy of archos portal. hopefully they will confirm my doubts or reassure me about the security of the portal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:39 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

as discusses in the forums

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=10741

the 80G units seems to have a buffer underrun problem leading to small stutters in video playback.

Archos should investigate. I've ditched my 80G unit so anyone who has one might want to contact Archos if they don't read this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:15 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

failed trying to set up my achos to control my freeview receiver.

it just cannot switch off my alba STB8 freeview receiver. see tech specs on www.quick2view.co.uk

archos 605 has settings for alba but none of them control the unit that i have. :(

so consequently i cannot set my dvr station to control my freeview receiver. the whole purpose of me buying the dvr is screwed now as i cannot record anything off the freeview receiver. it is a new receiver as my old one burnt up and just bought this before my archos, so want to avoid buying a new freeview receiver if i can.

can anyone help me with how i can get the archos to control my freeview receiver. is there anyway out apart from buying a new freeview receiver?

alternatively can anyone give me names and model #s of freeview receivers that are known to work with archos dvr station. will buy a new freeview receiver as a last resort if it is known to work with archos dvr station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:08 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

After the 1.7.13 firmware update my DVR station will no longer change the channel when I program two or more TV shows in a row. If I program a show from 8pm to 9pm and a second on a different channel from 9pm to 10pm the channel will not change for the second show. Both shows record using the channel set by the first show. However if I program a one minute gap in between the channel will change. 8pm - 9pm for the first show and 9:01pm - 10pm. This happens with manual programming and while using the TV menu. I have tried every setting with no joy.

This did not happen prior to the firmware update.

605 30g

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:51 pm 
Subtitles not showing on the TV when you start a video file on the LCD screen, and then press the LCD/TV button.

archos 80GB, FW 1.7.13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:53 pm 
After the 1.7.13 firmware update computer can't find the 605 when pluged in to the usb port tryed pluging it in 3 computers same thing can't find the 605 but it will charge it through it still it work fine before the update

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:38 am 
Archos User
Archos User

1.7.06 and 1.7.13 firmware have broken the settings for input signal to the 605.

the settings for the recorder are not all saved. hue and saturation are saved, but contrast and brightness are not. this was not a bug in earlier versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:37 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I've performed a search for this one, but I can not find it anywhere.

Archos 605 WiFi (30GB)
F/W 1.7.13:

Settings > Language and Region > City/Zone

The City/Zone will not stick. I live in Kentucky/Louisville. Once set if I back out and go back in it is either set to Juneau or Menominee.

I have narrowed the issue down to this, if the City/Zone is set to any location with dual names such as:

Indiana/Indianapolis
Indiana/Knox
Indiana/Marengo
Indiana/Petersburg
Indiana/Vevay
Indiana/Vincennes
Indiana/Winamac
Kentucky/Louisville
Kentucky/Monticello
North Dakota/Center
North Dakota/New Salem

It will revert to one of the "single" location names that appear BEFORE or AFTER the the dual name locale in the list.

As such, in the list for me it follows...

Juneau
Kentucky/Louisville
Kentucky/Monticello
Menominee

Which is why it reverts to either Juneau or Menominee.

I have taken to setting it to New York since it is EST as well for me.

Can anyone else confirm this? I Ihave performed every clear and reset possible but still this bug persists. This bug appeared AFTER the firmware update.

Dean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:54 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

DVHost i set the city to Kentucky/Louisville and when i came back, it switched to Menominee. So this is a firmware bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:57 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Excellent confirmation Coaster10, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:17 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Archos605Owner wrote:
After installing firmware OS update v 1.7.06 on my Archos 605 WiFi 160GB, the infrared emitter does not appear to be sending the Power signal to my satellite box prior to trying to change the channel to the program I have scheduled it to record. This worked fine before applying the patch, but now it doesn't send the Power signal properly, even though the setup option to have it send the Power signal is set properly. When I do a test of the the Power signal in the setup screens it sends it properly and wakes up my DISH satellite receiver, but when it kicks in to start a scheduled recording it doesn't send the initial Power signal which keeps my DISH satellite box from switching out of standby mode before accepting the channel change being sent to it by the Archos 605.

Hardware: 605 WiFi 80GB
F/W: 1.7.13

I have the same trouble. (I have Bell Expressvu satellite TV service but must use the DISH setting on my Archos; the Expressvu setting does not work, but the DISH one does for some reason.) When I test the ability for DVR Station Gen 5 to turn off/on my satellite receiver, it works, but when I set the device to record a show, it is does not turn the satellite receiver on before recording.

Who else has this trouble?

Last edited by dllnbrown on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Frodo wrote:
After the 1.7.13 firmware update my DVR station will no longer change the channel when I program two or more TV shows in a row. If I program a show from 8pm to 9pm and a second on a different channel from 9pm to 10pm the channel will not change for the second show. Both shows record using the channel set by the first show. However if I program a one minute gap in between the channel will change. 8pm - 9pm for the first show and 9:01pm - 10pm. This happens with manual programming and while using the TV menu. I have tried every setting with no joy.

This did not happen prior to the firmware update.

605 30g

I have the same trouble. When I program my DVR Station Gen 5 to record back-to-back shows on different stations, it shows the listing for the show that I wish to record, but it does not change channels on the satellite receiver. It does change channels correctly when the shows are not being recorded back-to-back.

Anyone else have this trouble?

Last edited by dllnbrown on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:57 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

xrave wrote:
1.7.06 and 1.7.13 firmware have broken the settings for input signal to the 605.

the settings for the recorder are not all saved. hue and saturation are saved, but contrast and brightness are not. this was not a bug in earlier versions.

My issue may be related to yours. When I edit the list of satellite channels, removing all of the channels that I do not subscribe to, a couple of days later when my Electronic Program Guide is updated (either manually or automatically), the new EPG over writes all of my edits and I have to re-work the list. This is quite annoying given that there are upwards of 500+ channels available and, although I subscribe to a sizeable subset of them, there are many many more that I do not.

Is this a common problem?

Last edited by dllnbrown on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Archos 605 Wi-Fi 4GB Firmware v 1.7.13 Integral 8GB SDHC class 6 Memory card

For the record I'm summarising a list of problems that I have experienced with the device in a bid to ensure the developers have as much info as posible to help fix the bugs......

1. DVR station Infra red won't control HUMAX freeview box 9200T. Has no setings for this type of device and having played with a few options I gave up! How about a Freeview IR code set please?

2. Archos 605 is stable (ish) until the memory card is inserted. At which point the thing freezes regularly requiring a reboot. It then undertakes an Arc library update and searchs the whole Archos library and then freezes again when it tries to arclibrary the memory card

Note:- removing the memory card stops this cycle - which is a bit daft as the whole point of having the card is to extend the devices capability!

3. Flash Games - when put into flas folder - a pop up asks to place games into a folder which then quits and the games never show up (even after reboot and reset)

4. When recodring via the DVR changing the bit rate setting (say to 1,000) doesn't changethe file size created - seems to remain on a default value near 2,500 ish - let me know if you get this same problem. File is created but can't control its size.

Merry Xmas !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Not sure if anybody else is facing this issue.

When using the web browser, and typing anything in a text box etc... the backspace key dun work. In fact, the left and right key (to go to the prev/next letter) also dun work. I'm pretty sure its not the machine thats spoil cos when entering a url in the address bar, i can backspace or use the left/right key. This happens for both the on screen keyboard and the dvr remote.

To reproduce this issue, open the opera web browser and go to google.com. Enter a text in the search field, and then press backspace. It will not work. Press the left key, to go bring the cursor to the prev letter. Won't work too :( This is getting annoying..

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next