Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:26 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

vinay wrote:
dllnbrown wrote:
Check to see if your Archos is set to automatically receive Electronic Program Guide (EPG) updates.

From the main Archos screen, select...

Recorder>Menu>Settings

If "Automatic Updates" is set to "On" then every night (at some random hour) your Archos will turn itself on and check to see if it can find a WiFi connection. If there is no WiFi connectivity available, it will simply turn itself off again a minute or so later. If there is Wifi connectivity available, it will download a new version of your EPG and then turn itself off.

Does this match your situation?

thanks dllnbrown

hey i was just reading your reply and the scenario occurred again now. it was on dvr charging for about 15mins, screen had gone off and after a while i saw it go on and opera browser launching then screen went to default screen saver and then it switched back off again. again 5 mins later it did the same thing all over again and screen later went off. and yes i do have the settings of automatic updates for tv epg. maybe thats the reason why it does this.

vinay,

Hmmm... That does not sound like the automatic program guide update to me as mine only tries once a day.

As a test, I suggest that you change the "Automatic Updates" to "Off" and see if it continues to happen. If it does continue, then the it would appear that the automatic EPG updates have nothing to do with what you are witnessing. If does not continue, then you know that the automatic EPG updates do have something to do with the odd behaviour but I cannot explain why it would try to connect over and over again. At least this would give you some more information to follow up your inquiry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:09 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

will try out ur suggestion and see if i can catch the archos connecting to the net again without me doing anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:29 am 
Archos User
Archos User

firmware 1.7.13

go into recorder mode with a valid input signal to record.
set the brightness to maximum for the input signal (picture should be fully washed out)
return back to main menu
enter recorder mode
observe if the fully washed out picture remains, or if the brightness has been reset.

this has been confirmed on two 605s, one 80GB, one 160GB - both of which did not have this issue in previous firmware versions.

Archos support has confirmed this bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Intermittent failure to download files off the internet. Sometimes no files will download at all. Full reboot seems to fix the issue most times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:17 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I am not 100% sure of this has been brought up before, but there is a problem with the "Language and Region" setting. In my case: I can set it to e.g. Country = Israel, and the only City option is "Jerusalem". OK, fine I can live with that (I will not go into politics here).
BUT: after setting this, I go back to the main screen, and then return to check this again: I am suddenly living in city "Isle of Man" or "Rome"!

Also, despite my setting of the clock to "Manual", changing the location is also changing the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:38 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

DVHost wrote:
Settings > Language and Region > City/Zone

The City/Zone will not stick. I live in Kentucky/Louisville. Once set if I back out and go back in it is either set to Juneau or Menominee.

Sorry ;) : I see now that this bug has already been reported, so please regard my above post as a "confirmation".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Prev and next songs on playback screen are not updated after editing the playlist.

To reproduce:

1. Create a playlist with three songs A, B, C.
2. Play song A from the playlist.
3. Switch back to the playlist tab.
4. Switch the order of songs B and C to new order A, C, B.
5. Go back to playback tab.
6. Notice it still shows B as the next song.
7. Hit the next button. Notice that song B plays instead of C.

-Shehryar

Post subject: Delete key does not work
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Model 80Gb
Firmware 1.7.13

Problem
- The Backspace/ Delete key (<--) for text input does not work while entering text for fields in the web browser. It also does not work in the 'Notes' Widget. It does work, however, when entering URL in the browser menu option. I test this using both the virtual keyboard and the DVR remote physical keypad. Can anyone else confirm this?

- There is no option for never turning off the LCD screen in settings

- Archos website is down as of 23:48, 09 Jan LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Model 30 GB
Firm: 1.7.13

Just got it yesterday, updated the firmware from 1.7.6 to current, after that the unit will not turn on. Green power light is on but nothing else works, screen is blank. Here is where it gets funny. I reset using a pin, green light goes out, but nothing happens, OK, if you turn it on nothing happens, but if it is off for a few minutes, then you turn it on, sometimes it will work. Not that this is not wierd enough, if it goes standby/Off the problem starts again! Please tell me this is not a first. I have been serching the forum and I cant find anything.

Please help!

P.S. One of the times that it was working, I did another firmware update just to make sure it was not a bad update. It still happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ArchosMike, that is probably not a firmware bug, you should make a new thread detailing your situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:59 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

katsura wrote:
- Archos website is down as of 23:48, 09 Jan LOL

Its back up! :D -10th January

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Model: 160 GB
Firm: 1.7.13

Can't use the Alt or Caps on the DVR keyboard when inputting anything into a Widget program. Does work with the virtual keyboard, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:21 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Opera Favorites are not sorted in any sensible way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Music older than 1970 is lumped into the 1970-group if listed by "year". This, or an other reason, makes sorting & selecting by "year" go very slow.

Post subject: Language/Region settings
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:19 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I am having the same problem. I set it to Indiana/Indianapolis, then exit the menu, go back in and suddenly the city has changed.

bioman wrote:
I am not 100% sure of this has been brought up before, but there is a problem with the "Language and Region" setting. In my case: I can set it to e.g. Country = Israel, and the only City option is "Jerusalem". OK, fine I can live with that (I will not go into politics here).
BUT: after setting this, I go back to the main screen, and then return to check this again: I am suddenly living in city "Isle of Man" or "Rome"!

Also, despite my setting of the clock to "Manual", changing the location is also changing the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:38 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

A605 160
Firmware 1.7.13

Bug: The archos cannot read the track number from the tags written by some tag editing applications (observed with Tag&Rename) even though the MP3 files have correctly formed id3v2.3 tags. This results in albums being sorted alphabetically by track title instead of track number.

I believe the tags are correctly formed, because every other MP3 application I have used is able to read the track numbers. The archos is the only one that can't. I can provide sample MP3 files.

Media Monkey is able to delete the tag portion of these 'malformed' MP3 files (using the 'clean' function) and rewrite them in such a way that the archos can read the track number. I am providing this information in the hopes that an archos developer can compare the output of Media Monkey with a 'malformed' file and identify the difference.

edit: It appears that the problem only occurs when the tag is being written by the tag editor in unicode. Archos cannot read the track number data if it is in unicode format. Some editors store the track number data in unicode format even though it is numeric.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:36 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Model: 160GB
FW Version: 1.7.13 (WMDRMPD:10.1)

Description:
When trying to zoom in an image of the dimensions 1px by 1px the player will reset.

Maybe not an important bug. But it's still a bug :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

emp1973 wrote:
A605 160
Firmware 1.7.13

Wifi (wpa) does not detect network and when it does the unit crashes

Web Browser crashing unit while/after loading webpage

anyone know of a work around as I have had these issues will earlier firmware.

My 605 hates my friend's access point; it crashes regularly when I'm browsing over there. Nary a problem with my DIR-655. He has a low cost Dlink WAP, and I know his nintendo DS hates it too, as it actually crashes the router!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

605 WiFi 30GB
Firmware 1.7.13

#1.Double tap in browser is not always recognized - it usually takes me two or three attempts to get it to zoom - double tap should be more easily recognized.

#2.DVR programming - manual programming can't be confirmed and/or goes back to defaults every time you enter the setup screen.
I've tried to change settings for the "Enter key" and video delay, but each time I come back to the screen, it is back to the defaults of No and >30 seconds. It should come up with the current settings. Also, when using the wizard, it only cycles through the three settings for delay between key presses (perhaps this is dependent on the brand and item within the brand - but my remote has an enter key and I've not seen the wizard give any indication that it is going to use it, regardless of which of the 8 possible JVC options I choose.

Post subject: reproduceable problems
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Firmware: 1.7.13

Problem 1: Powering down prematurely

Problem 2: Unable to record manually. When pressing "REC" counter does not advance; screen is blank; and nothing is recorded

Problem 3: When doing a scheduled recording. It appears to record, but when trying to playback it simply says "Cannot Play Video - Please ChecK'

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 911 Next