Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I downloaded the free version of Fairuse and tried to use it with the movie Slap shot. The process completed but when I tried to view the movie in WMP 11 all I got was a green screen with sound. Any suggestions. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Have you tried to put the one completed file on your archos and view it? I don't have an AVI viewer, so i can only view them on my archos. But remember to only copy over the ONE AVI file. Let me know if that works.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Guess I'm a real video newbie. It worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time on this board to learn the ropes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Oh dont sweat it. When i got my archos a year ago, i spent HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS on here. We all became a family....its nice to have people around who can help.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for this programme. It's brilliant. I've been recording directly on the 405 but all the dvd's come up at about 1gb so to be able to record them at 500mb is great - so easy and hardly any difference in quality. Only noticeable when playing back to a 32" screen! So back to recording and getting twice as many dvd's onto the 16gb card as before! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:56 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

What can I say - this post is superb! I had already downloaded FUW though hadn't got to grips with it at all.... until I read the 'Tour for Dummies'! I have now successfully converted some of my DVD's with fantastic results!

THANK YOU!

ps, Just to add - I'm an Archos/forum newbie so hello everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:01 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

works good for me on most dvds but i tried the dark night and it gets stuck at 50% while parsing the IFO files. Is it some new protection or something?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I've tried this on 2 DVDs and my archos won't play either. I've followed the instructions exactly as above but created an x264 at 900mb. any suggestions as to why it won't work.I have all available plug ins....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hey guys. Lots of movies wont work on FUW. 21 was my first one that didnt work. (FUW doesn't remove all of the copyright) If you have all available plug ins then try downloading this program. Its MUCH quicker, but it doesnt compress your files. I have not had a problem converting any DVD's on this program as of yet. FUW is a good program if you don't have the plug in, and want smaller files. DVD Fab 5 works greats if you have the plug in.

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ok. I've followed the post. Great job explaining I might add. However, I have yet to be able to make it work. The first time I tried it everything was going just fine, when my damn laptop overheated and shutdown. Nothing to do with anything other than bad design on HP's part. Anyway, I wwent back to continue the project, and all of a sudden, I get the error message "The DVD could not be Converted >>>>Could Not Load Codec Settings". So I went to get the DVD43 decrypter as someone said earlier. That didn't work. I'm using Vista, so I tried running DVD43 in compatibility mode that didn't work. I shut everything down last night and came back this morning and tried again without the DVD43 and again same problem.
Any thoughts out there??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi

i hope that some one is still active in this thread as i am just starting up using the fair use wizzard.

i´m ripping a episode dvd (jake and the pirates) for my son, and i would like it to rip in one file (with all the episodes), is this possible. as for now it is ripping and converting the files individualy, which is not in my interest.

can some one please help