Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:25 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

You can delete all the files that are not the actual file you will watch. So click on the one that is around 700mb and make sure it plays, and you can delete all the other files. if you downloaded multiple episodes, then check them all out first to make sure they work, and then delete all other files.

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The Great Four wrote:
When I press multisession, it then tells me to pick one episode out of the six. I can't make it run them all at once. Would it be possible for someone to place a mini-walkthrough on here?

In step 3, highlight all of the episodes you want to cache using the shift key. Then at the bottom make sure you select cache the "selected program chains [multisession]" option then press next. This will take some time for 6 half hour episodes, maybe 20-30 minutes. Then you will get a screen with a picture of some video where you will select the cropping, etc. Select your parameters and press next. On the next screen you will the select native mode or ivtc (let FU do automatically). On the next screen, you will select the size for each episode. For a half hour episode, I select 250 MB and 128 kps. Then you MUST select the "defer processing" button, NOT the next button. The next screen will show you a list of all your episodes and each one will say "Ready". You will now select the button "process all selections" and let it go, this will take quite sometime. I have been doing Flintstone DVD's that contain 6 episodes and it takes about 4 hours from this point.

Hope this helps. I should also mention that I have the paid version as I like my 2 hour movies to be 1500 MB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:25 am 

Karen, thanks for posting this very thorough walk through for multi episodes. I am going to make reference to it in the original post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:55 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

hmmmm, thats not how do it at all, and i do the multi sessions all the time! i didnt know there were more than 1 way!

here is how i do it.

When i multi chain, i select the third option down on the screen (which i think is multi chain) and after it formats (takes about 15 minutes) all the different options of video times come up...usually a few 3 -5 minute options, then 3 or 4, 45 minute options, then one big option, around 2 hours. i manually select (by holding control) and select the 3 or 4 episodes on the disk, then i select the option, "process selected options" or something along those lines. when you hit next, the screen should say something like "1/4" for doing episode 1 of 4. if that doesnt come up, and it does NOT say 1/4 or 1/3 depending on how many episodes are on your disk, then hit the back button, and try another option. thats what i did until i figured it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:17 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

what is a good player for xvid on my computer? i am running vista... WMP plays only the sound and quicktime didn't play them either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:05 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I actually dont have a good answer for that. I used to have a player, but it gave me 4 trojan viruses so i deleted it. now i know which files i need, so i just drag them to my archos so i can check on there to see if they work. hopefully someone else has a better answer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

what output video size works best? im not sure what most of the choices in the options mean... anybody found one that works good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:04 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I use 700mb. and it chooses the size for me....usually 640 X something....looks good to me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:39 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

There is a post for CloneDVDMobile volume boost which explains how to boost the volume of converted DVDs using this program. Is there something that can be done with the FairUse program? I am having the same problem with sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:04 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Not that i know of. My is definitely not loud enough...

Post subject: Pmp Converters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hi guys,

do you know any program that can convert .pmp files to .avi or any playable format in archos?
thanks

Post subject: Re: Pmp Converters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:32 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Godspeed wrote:
hi guys,

do you know any program that can convert .pmp files to .avi or any playable format in archos?
thanks

i just did a google search for ya.
I found a program, but couldn't test and/or review it for you, because i don't have a .pmp file.

You could try this program. :)
http://www.008soft.com/svcd-to-avi.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:35 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I use AoA DVD Ripper for all my ripping, it's doing its work as it should and that's enough for me.

But for the little ones in my home i'm searching a DVD ripper with multi-language support, because ther english is very bad and the want to see the movies in dutch language. But the problem is i can't find any DVD ripper which can rip 2 audio soundtrack in one file.

Can anyone recommend me a program?

Post subject: Fairuse Wizard 2.8
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:40 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Firstly I apologise upfront for being a bit thick. I am a basic computer user and new at using media players.

I thought I'd try downloading the above, Fairuse Wizard 2.8 and had "averageguys" instructions for dummies minimised at the ready. However I'm stuck at page 1 !!. :? It's asking for an existing project even though I want to create a new one. I've gone into options and it has let me do step 2 but then brought me back to stage one. The DVD is loaded in the drive, but I'm not sure what to do next.
Has anyone else got version 2.8 and can they give me an idiots guide like "averageguy" .
I'd be your friend for life! :D
UPDATE . Figured it out in the end. :D The 2.8 version is easy to use after all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:34 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Hey guys!

Are they doing something to the newer movies to make them UN rippable? I tried with Vantage Point last week, and last night and today with 21. I gets up to 14 hours to build program index. I even deleted my FUW and installed the new one, and I am still getting this problem. I am ripping The Famly Man now, which is an older movie, and its fine! URGH! Anyone know?

The problem with Vantage Point was that it would go through the whole process, and the output would be a 31 second movie! Not quite what i was looking for. HELP!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

can i actually rip it directly to my archos?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

if it is possible, i wouldnt recommend it.all the output files are huge, and this process is REALLY long...so your archos will be hot that whole time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:53 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I get "access denied" when I click the next button on the main screen?? why?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:01 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Need more info. are you ripping a movie? tv episodes? are you ripping to a hard drive that has at least 10gb of available space? what info are you allowed to put in?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:06 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Monicab1979 wrote:
Need more info. are you ripping a movie? tv episodes? are you ripping to a hard drive that has at least 10gb of available space? what info are you allowed to put in?

Movie, and not sure I have 10mb free. Wonderful. So I just spent $80 on anyDVD for nothing.

I have added a name for file and selected video folder on the drive the movie is in.

And setting just says code setting?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next