Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Mine has been sitting for 8 hrs (i was messing with it a lil bit)... its 70% done...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:54 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I bought the battery dock not the mini dock. So when I get mine should I plug in the battery dock and put the player on the dock and let it charge that way instead of plugging into the pc? They said the player charges also in the battery dock when the battery dock is plugged in. But they said charge it over night the 1st time. They explained to me the differences of mini and battery dock cause I wasn't sure which one I needed. I forget now what they were but I didn't need the DVR so I just got the battery dock for 49 bucks. That's what they recommended. But the battery dock if it's plugged in charges the player. I mainly got it for that so I hope that is faster then computer. But if your battery is low and the dock is charged you can use the dock as an extra battery and watch while it's in the dock I believe is what they told me I can't remember.

I ordered Tuesday night and got my confirmation from Archos but no other e-mail about it being shipped out. After everyone talks about how good this thing is I can't wait to get it. So if I have like 16 gigs of music you can transfer it to the player by wifi and is that the quickest way? That sounds so cool! Can you do your pictures that way also? So it came preloaded with stuff I may just delete that but with 160 gig guess you don't really need to right now. I want this thing already. I may call Archos back to double check on my order. I need to have some shows and movies ready to put on this thing. I keep telling these guys at work about it cause they have the regular Ipod Video and there going to be jealous when they see this thing. LOL!!

Rose

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The quickest way to transfer data to it remains the USB2 connection to a computer, cause USB2 is 440mbit/s theoretical speed and WiFi is 54mbit/s theoretical speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:19 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I just got home from work and recieved this e-mail. I am so mad I wrote them back a nasty letter which wont help... Rose

I do apologize, but your order for the 605 160gb unit has
been delayed due to the product being out of stock at this
time. We should have the unit available within the next few
business days. I do apologize for the delay and we are
giving you a coupon good for 25% off a future purchase.

Post subject: Got It!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:22 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Well, while I did not get it as quick as suproach, it came in today. Shipped Wensday night - standard shipping. Its beautiful!. I have not played much. I updated the firmware, played a demo video and song, and so far I'm blown away.

Amazon came through - although I should not have to had to call them and complain... Ahh well - charge baby - charge...

-Stan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:56 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Good luck Stan! For some reason I feel no jealousy at all...so please keep us posted on how you and your baby are doing.

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:28 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Yes keep us posted on how the player is? The more I read how good it is the more anxious I am to get it. Archos shows it available again but they were wrong once so who knows if it is or not. I haven't heard anything or gotten an e-mail with a tracking number and I was promised mine tomorrow so maybe it will come who knows. I know someone else said there's came and they never got a tracking number and UPS just showed up at there door so maybe that will happen to me tomorrow. I just hope if it does I am home..

Post subject: Mini Review...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:58 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Wow - Part 2. Played for about 10 minutes the first hour and then left it on charge for the next 4. Then I played for around 45 minutes - still on charge. I transfered around 1 GB of audio, about 5GB of digital photo's (1250 total), and 5 divix movies that I had pre-ripped. All worked perfectily. The album art worked on everything I tried. Even the RAW photo's from my Canon XTi worked great. I used the trick posted to try the web brouser - nice. I'll but that tomarrow. You do here little peeps out of the ear phones when you are on the brouser - doesn't really bother me. The HD vibrates the unit a little stronger than I thought [my experience was from a zen vision M]. To conserve power during a video, it spins up the drive and reads for 10 seconds, then powers off the drive for up to several minutes.

The only issue so far, is that my sub-titles do not work. I have not really looked into it yet.

Looks like a winner...

-Stan :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:12 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Cool thanks for the info. I want mine so bad. I downloaded a long time ago on my old computer this Tag Scanner and went through my whole 16 gigis of music and made sure the tags were filled out before I got my Dell DJ and I still have a few missed.. Only thing I didn't fill out right was under Album I would just put the artist name and greatest hits in that spot. I need to double check and make sure all my tags are correct again for this player. I also have a bunch of music videos and I just right clicked on about 10 of them and went to properties and they say movie clip mpeg so will they play? Or do I need that plugin depending on whether it's mpeg 2 or 4. How do you know if it's 2 or 4? I guess I'll add them and see if they play if not I'll buy the plug in or can I convert them to the Mpeg 4 if lets say there the 2? I can't wait to watch music videos on here. My Dell DJ was music only so this is going to be new to me and a real treat I can't wait.

Last edited by Rose4uKY on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:11 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Brief follow up...

Charged for 6hrs heavy, played with it for an hour while moving data across. It looked like it was 90% charged. Charged it for another 7 hrs overnight with a 1A charger - Blinking in the morning!

One bad experience - After listening to a few songs, it spun up the HD to get the next one and it was all static + music. I hit the pause and resume and all was well. Sounds like there are still some firmware issues to be resolved.

Missed this comment from above - I'm not very pickey about cases. I was planning to use the one which came with the unit. But, it sucks. Maybe it will grow on me...

-Stan :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:41 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

As long as the case protects the player i am good. I just called Archos it's just a little pouch and they make nice leather cases but there not out yet for the 605 160 only the 30. But there nice leather cases and yu can watch while it's in the case and use the touchscreen she said you don't have to take it out of the case so I really want one of those when they come out.

But I had a real nice lady on the phone just now and she said she will get my 24 dollar shipping taken off and she said hold on then she said her manager was in a meeting but she will work on it. She also said I can use the coupon code for a plugin so I will use it for the 29.99 web browser pluging. There is only 3 plugins and I need the browser and will probably get the Cinema one don't know if I need the podcast one or what it actually does but will see. She said there open tomorrow which mean my order will get processed today or tomorrow for sure and I should have it Monday. The battery dock is out of stock now but she is showing I got one soi will see. Rose