Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:46 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How long should I expect my battery to last between charging? I have a used Archos 605 wifi and usually the charge would last only about 4 hours or so (just playing music) ... so, I got a new battery from ebay and replaced the old (spliced and soldered the wires), charged it first without playing and now it looks like it's charged life isn't much different than the previous ...

I was expecting at least 8 hours or so between charges....kind of disappointing ...

HG Guy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

when i put a new battery in mine 605 30gb wifi i got a 2500mAh and it lasts about 4-5 hours on a full charge (2 movies) might be an idea to tweak your settings like background/ brightness/ wifi dissable/ and screensaver(blacks out but can still listen to music) these will help save battery life. havnt tested full music playback time but it does well enough for my movies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm 

Go to the last page (page 4) of the FAQ's and you will find a lot of information about battery life there. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks! Well, I guess my new battery is fine ... it will run without a charge for about 4+ hours (just audio so far..haven't tried video yet) .. I was expecting more on the lines of my Zen Vision M, but then I realized that's a smaller unit with smaller screen. So, I'll quit complaining and enjoy what I have!!

HG Guy

ps... As i understand it the Archos doesn't have a charge cutoff chip (like the ZVM does to prevent overcharging or sapping the batteries charging life), is that right? How soon should I disconnect the Archos from charging when I see the charge light go from steady to blinking? Sometimes I've accidentally left it blinking for a few hours ...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

as far as i know the older models dont have the overcharge chip installed but when looking around for batteries for my newer model there are loads of batteries that come with the overcharge chip attached.
find out how much space you have available to put the battery in and have a look around.

ive heard of people modding a highcapacity external battery pack to the back of the unit