Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22

Which feature should be added first?
USB Keyboard and Mouse 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
USB Bluetooth (keyboard, headphones/headset, GPRS/HSDPA) 5%  5%  [ 32 ]
Ogg Vorbis, Flac and Mkv 16%  16%  [ 101 ]
Tivo DVR USB transfer 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
Faster scrolling in the Browser 5%  5%  [ 29 ]
Last.fm and Pandora integration (scrobbling and offline mode) 3%  3%  [ 18 ]
VOIP using Skype and SIP 5%  5%  [ 29 ]
HSDPA Dock 1%  1%  [ 8 ]
Bluetooth Dock (keyboard, headphones/headset, GPRS/HSDPA) 3%  3%  [ 20 ]
Google Gears offline database support for browser, ACP and Widgets 1%  1%  [ 6 ]
DivX Connected including Stage6 in ACP and DivX Ultra 3%  3%  [ 17 ]
One-click log-on to FON hotspots 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
USB Webcam for Skype and SIP video-conferencing 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Uploading to FTP, Youtube, Flickr, Dailymotion and more 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Metadata from Musicbrainz/IMDB/Wikipedia using digital/analog fingerprint 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
VNC remote desktop viewer 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
Display lyrics 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Playing music while browsing 16%  16%  [ 96 ]
WMV7 and WMV8 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Ad-Hoc WiFi 3%  3%  [ 20 ]
Sort Files by Date Added 2%  2%  [ 11 ]
Playback of embedded .avi/.wmv/.mov/.rm videos including mms/rtsp 7%  7%  [ 42 ]
USB DVB tuner support (cable and terrestrial) 2%  2%  [ 13 ]
USB DVB tuner support (cable and terrestrial) 2%  2%  [ 13 ]
Automatically connect to prefered WiFi in the background 3%  3%  [ 17 ]
Total votes: 613
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

As I suspected, no reply to my 2 emails, I'll stick with my 605 wifi till it breaks down, then Archos has seen the last red cent from me they will see. :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:59 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

I know this is pretty much a dead issue as the 605 has been basically killed off by archos after 1.5 years of life but since I'm guessing the MOD's check this occasionally, it might benefit for other parts of this forum.

Once a firmware feature has been actually added (That we voted for), The feature is removed from the poll but we still can't vote again for something else. It would be nice to have a "Running" poll or the ability to change our vote at any point in time. this also might be good for those few archos CSR or Product planners that read the site as they'll get the feel of what people want now as opposed to what they may have wanted 10 months ago.

also, how about another option in the poll like: ARCHOS fulfilling features listed in press releases or Archos not generating press releases that they won't follow through on.... Hmmm TVPortation comes to mind.

~SB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:26 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Update: I fanally got a response from Archos. Surprise, surprise, surprise. LOL. So maybe they do answer if we wait long enough. :roll: But please don't hold your breath anyone. It may have been just a glizch. hahaha. Or maybe they're just slow as mollasses going up hill in the middle of January. :lol: That is when I sent my email to them. :roll:

samysam1313 wrote:
I've emailed them 2 or 3 times. I now know I will never get a response. However, I have called Tech Support in the US a few times and even though I sometimes had to wait quite a while, at least they do answer. Unfortunately, I do not get the idea that they are all that knowledgable. I couldn't get the TV Guide and after about a month, I solved the problem myself. A simple thing like the calander being off. You think they should have known that and saved me a months worth of aggravation. I love my Archos and I'm hoping nothing will go wrong. I was upset about buying an extended warranty. Now I'm very glad I did buy it. I can say one thing. I have my Archos and will keep it, but I don't ever plan on ever buying another Archos product again. Knowing what I know now, about their customer service.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:03 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

@samysam, and what did they say?

i called tech support today, and they were totally ignorant when i asked for a next fw release and whats going on open the archos 605 and release a sdk or so. at least fix well known bugs etc.
i like my archos, i put qtopia on it now, but its not really working. i think i will give it back. newer firmwares also dont allow me to hack into my archos via ssh or run qtopia. this is the first and the last time i got an archos. ... i'll save my money and spend it on a pandora, http://www.openpandora.org , i think its worth it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:22 am 
Archos User
Archos User

My question to Archos was about the TV Guide not working. They just said there was a problem with it and it should be fixed soon. Turned out the date on my Archos was off and this caused the TV Guide to not be displayed. I had to find out by accident that the TV Guide won't work if the date is wrong.

vizzy wrote:
@samysam, and what did they say?

i called tech support today, and they were totally ignorant when i asked for a next fw release and whats going on open the archos 605 and release a sdk or so. at least fix well known bugs etc.
i like my archos, i put qtopia on it now, but its not really working. i think i will give it back. newer firmwares also dont allow me to hack into my archos via ssh or run qtopia. this is the first and the last time i got an archos. ... i'll save my money and spend it on a pandora, http://www.openpandora.org , i think its worth it!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Instead of adding new feature, I would much rather Archos to make the 605 better. I would love to see a fw that allows better battery life, and multi tasking (the 605 crashed on me twice yesterday when I had a widget running with 2 web browser going). Maybe improve the browser so it will be a better overall experience (allow to install missing plug in).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I cant believe scheduled online audio recording isnt on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

MayanArch wrote:
I cant believe scheduled online audio recording isnt on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

whyy? sounds pretty lame compared to the options in the poll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:21 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Items not listed for Archos that need adding:

- Better online TV support (The vTuner only has a couple of good channels, whereas I can access hundreds more online)
- Joost/Hulu support (aka Flash 9+ support)
- Add "Download flash to folder" option (so I can save games from a site)
- Netflix support! (aka silverlight support)
- Add MP4 & WMV9 containers, and the appropriate codecs (MKV would be near-impossible, not to mention it's a horrible container).
- Add streaming video (ie .qtl, .asf, .rm), to play streaming channels directly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:51 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

wouldt listening to music while online need more power than the 605 can give?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Well, will they even care what we want in the next firmware? by the feel of my current 605 4gb. its extremly laggish and crashes. of all wishes i like a.better and more stable opera browser plz.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:29 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
supremecommander wrote:
Well, will they even care what we want in the next firmware? by the feel of my current 605 4gb. its extremly laggish and crashes. of all wishes i like a.better and more stable opera browser plz.

No, at this point the thread is just an exercise in futility. There shall be no more firmware updates for the 605. What you got is all you're gonna get.

The thread is 3 years old, afterall. It was started somewhere around the original release time of the 605. Ancient history.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22