Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next

Which feature should be added first?
USB Keyboard and Mouse 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
USB Bluetooth (keyboard, headphones/headset, GPRS/HSDPA) 5%  5%  [ 32 ]
Ogg Vorbis, Flac and Mkv 16%  16%  [ 101 ]
Tivo DVR USB transfer 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
Faster scrolling in the Browser 5%  5%  [ 29 ]
Last.fm and Pandora integration (scrobbling and offline mode) 3%  3%  [ 18 ]
VOIP using Skype and SIP 5%  5%  [ 29 ]
HSDPA Dock 1%  1%  [ 8 ]
Bluetooth Dock (keyboard, headphones/headset, GPRS/HSDPA) 3%  3%  [ 20 ]
Google Gears offline database support for browser, ACP and Widgets 1%  1%  [ 6 ]
DivX Connected including Stage6 in ACP and DivX Ultra 3%  3%  [ 17 ]
One-click log-on to FON hotspots 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
USB Webcam for Skype and SIP video-conferencing 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Uploading to FTP, Youtube, Flickr, Dailymotion and more 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Metadata from Musicbrainz/IMDB/Wikipedia using digital/analog fingerprint 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
VNC remote desktop viewer 2%  2%  [ 15 ]
Display lyrics 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
Playing music while browsing 16%  16%  [ 96 ]
WMV7 and WMV8 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
Ad-Hoc WiFi 3%  3%  [ 20 ]
Sort Files by Date Added 2%  2%  [ 11 ]
Playback of embedded .avi/.wmv/.mov/.rm videos including mms/rtsp 7%  7%  [ 42 ]
USB DVB tuner support (cable and terrestrial) 2%  2%  [ 13 ]
USB DVB tuner support (cable and terrestrial) 2%  2%  [ 13 ]
Automatically connect to prefered WiFi in the background 3%  3%  [ 17 ]
Total votes: 613
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:17 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

i don't see full flash 9 support in the options listed...i still get flash 9 errors for several sites....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Out of the choices listed, I'm always going to go for more supported formats. But I'd also like:

* a podcast player that tracks (un)read items and doesn't share the music library

* a standard mini-USB connection so I don't need the proprietary cable

* a WiFi "hermit" mode, which ensures that it's absolutely silent and won't ever try to find networks (for flights)

* more/better options for changing the home menu - I'd like to hide certain options because I never use them and they get in the way of my nice wallpaper.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

what i only want to have is the newest firmware.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:21 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Better keyboard operation. if you press the alt key then the power symbol - ^ - the keyboard allows you to enter accented characters - âêûîô - but it is not documented - i found it by mistake. Also there is no obvious way to enter a back quote or other accented characters such as the final e in my surname which is an e with an acute accent such as the correct spelling of cafe.

I also find it annoying that in the file manager you can only copy files from the left side to the right side. This means that if you plug in a usb key you can not copy files to the key, only from it, as the usb device you select only appears on the left.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:13 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

what I find funny is that the 2 highest in the poll are really easy to do but they just dont, adding FLAC and OGG is pretty easy and free for them no licensing fees, all they have to do is alter some lib files slightly to work on the archos and add them in with the rest of the codecs. And music playing while browsing, I guess the main concern is that the processor might not be able to handle it, but basically they have to remove the few lines of code that say to stop playing when you exit the music player.

Edit: Oh I think I put this somewhere else too but proper numeric order for files, if your files are numbered at the beginning it won't put them in the right order instead of "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11" it'll do something like this "1 10 11 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" it would be great if this could get corrected.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

How about some simple fixes first?
- Playlists longer than 5K
- Line out at a standard value rather than controlled by volume control (i.e., the line out on the docks shouldn't really be controlled by the volume control and they should be loud enough that receivers don't have to be cranked).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:39 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Hubbard wrote:
Edit: Oh I think I put this somewhere else too but proper numeric order for files, if your files are numbered at the beginning it won't put them in the right order instead of "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11" it'll do something like this "1 10 11 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9" it would be great if this could get corrected.

Had a similar issue with videos but found if I named them carefully they worked. I recently ripped a series off of one of my DVD collections and named each file S1 E01, S1 E02 as in Series 1 Episode 01 etc. Everything orders fine. The 1 10 11 12 ordering is exactly the same as my PC or any of the SQL databases I use.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

thats because its a windows :p

When this new firmware comes out, I think that you should be automaically told on the archos and promted to download, with an option to not download and be reminded either in an hour, a day, a few days, 2 weeks, a month or never.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Support of mkv format is not possible coz its hardware dependent rite..?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It never made the poll but I am still holding out for D1 recording resolution (720x480) and a way to overcome the 2GB recorded video file limitation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Some nice to haves:

Customisable alarm to remind you of scheduled recordings (for when 605 is not in DVR Station).

Ability to schedule audio recordings (this should be easy as we can already schedule video recordings).

More encoding options (mp3, wma, ogg, etc).

A power on/off switch on the DVR Station (slightly off topic but why leave it on when it's not in use?).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The 605, or the new 606 should try and include an instant messaging app. When i was looking at pmps i saw this as an app in the zen x-fi and ipod touch, if archos had it, it would appeal to customers, especially if it could somehow link with msn messenger or gmail instant messenger.

Also, not an app, but archos (and i do not know how this slipped designers minds) but they reeli need to include something to hold the stylus - like a slot, as some who prefer to use it instead of there fingers, won't want to be carrying a stylus around with them when there on the bus or train.
hope this helps, james

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

There are a lot of comments in this thread, so if this has already been mentioned, apologies.

I would like for the "info" screen to be informational. I have nearly 2000 music files, and when I look at the info screen, the most important information is missing. The file location. A lot of my music isn't tagged, or has been tagged incorrectly, so if I see info just from the tags that only tell me that this is an unknown artist from an unknown album, I have no way of knowing immediately where the file is. This would be useful if I want to manually tag the file, or just to even delete it. It would be especially useful if I could actually jump to the file location to delete it on the spot if I have decided that I don't want that particular song anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:55 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

On the subject of music, it would be better if when you hovered over the selected song, artist, album etc. It would come up with the artwork, instead of when you go in and play the song.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I for one would like online format compatibility, so to watch good online tv. ASX, RM, QTL, WMV, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:10 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ability to browse music by "Album Artist" tag. This is great for soundtracks and compilations, and all modern library programs (MediaMonkey, WinAmp, WMP, iTunes) support it ... why don't more DAPs and PMPs use this tag?!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:46 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The ultimate request to Archos for the next firmware release: Fix those bugs already mentioned by the members here !!!

And test it !!

Scotty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

One request is that when using the helmet cam, if you go into keylock mode, you should stay in that mode until you turn it off. Currently, once you stop recording a video you are dumped to the REC video folder so you can review the last video you shot. This is fine, but please don't turn off the keylock. This poses a problem when the Archos unit is in my pocket, the touchscreen invariably gets activated and starts doing something I don't want it to do.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:29 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,
Instead of voting on the wish list, shouldn't we just wish for a firmwareupgrade? :)
Gunther

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

+1 :D here is the wishlist but where's the firmware upgrade

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 432 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next