It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:42 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

GregRocket wrote:
Chengbin wrote:
PDF password remover rocks! It removed the password on all of my secured PDFs! Can anyone recommend a free software that can convert PDFs into text?

Here is a free one to try.
www.a-pdf.com/text/

I just tried it, and it doesn't work. The output file is in weird words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:50 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

So the 605 can read .txt files if the extension name is changed to .html right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

PaperLess Printer.
http://www.rarefind.com/paperlessprinter/downloads.html
This is what you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:24 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Chengbin wrote:
So the 605 can read .txt files if the extension name is changed to .html right?

The 605 will read files named .txt and .html without renaming anything if you have the web browser plugin. Otherwise it won't read either.

I've noticed that the browser chokes on very large files, wether plain text or HTML. So it may be no use for reading long novels that are in a single file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:28 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have War and Peace in txt format- (1296 pages in the physical hard-cover version I have- about the longest book I hope I ever read); the Archos opened it and I could scroll down while it was loading as fast I could read- I never hit the bottom of the file. It loaded the whole thing in 2 minutes. Unfortunately, the scrolling is a little slow so once I get to chapter 22 and have to shut off the Archos to take a break-- it will take 10 minutes to scroll back down to the page. I didn't keep any in html version - since the txt seem a slight bit faster. (The txt file will only be smaller that a html file by a tiny bit, unless the html is actually marked-up with bolds and italics and such I believe)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:19 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

whittonj wrote:
I have War and Peace in txt format- (1296 pages in the physical hard-cover version I have- about the longest book I hope I ever read); the Archos opened it and I could scroll down while it was loading as fast I could read- I never hit the bottom of the file. It loaded the whole thing in 2 minutes. Unfortunately, the scrolling is a little slow so once I get to chapter 22 and have to shut off the Archos to take a break-- it will take 10 minutes to scroll back down to the page. I didn't keep any in html version - since the txt seem a slight bit faster. (The txt file will only be smaller that a html file by a tiny bit, unless the html is actually marked-up with bolds and italics and such I believe)

I suspect that perhaps the text version is faster because it has hard line breaks at the end of each line. This will have the effect that the browser will just display the text line-for-line as it appears in the file. HTML has to be reflowed to fit the page with, which means working out how long each word is, etc. This takes a bit of time.

The problem I had with long text files was finding my place in them after the browser has been shut down. You're not going to read War and Peace in one sitting, I guess :) If you're half way down, it's going to take a few minutes to load enough text, then potentially a long time to scroll down.

That's not the fault of the 605, necessarily -- browsers just don't make particularly good eBood readers, compared to real eBook readers.

To be honest, I've never been able to use a 605 or similar device for reading books after I bought a Sony PRS. The PRS has an opaque screen which works best (rather that worst) in direct sunlight, and a 700-page battery life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:32 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

fischju wrote:
PaperLess Printer.
http://www.rarefind.com/paperlessprinter/downloads.html
This is what you want.

I use FinePrint when I need to print something to an image file instead of the printer.
I don't remember where I got it from, but it's free.

Post subject: Re: PDF to JPG software?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:23 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

You want pdf to jpg conversion software visit here http://pdf-to-jpg-convert.en.softonic.com

Post subject: Re: PDF to JPG software?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi! I would also like to suggest another software, http://products.softsolutionslimited.com/pdf2img/category/pdf_to_jpg.htm. This is an amazing software, and better than most of the software suggested in this forum.