Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:35 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, and yes i know these are old now, but it still works great! It has all our music on, and we use it in the garden BUT no idea why, but now music won't play on it after we added some more! It now says we need the podcast plug in. I have logged into my archos account, and of course the plug ins I bought are no longer there. I contacted support and of course support has stopped for these now. This is such a shame, it is still a thing of beauty! ok we have more up to date gadgets, but still want to use this. Anyone any ideas on how to get a plug in? Incidentally we have one each of these, and mine still plays music fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:06 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

They stopped supporting old devices. Such a shame... Some guy sold me 2 plugins on Ebay. Just search 'Archos plugins' there and you will find a seller nelly1337 selling Android plugin.
I just asked him about gen4 plugins. Let's wait a bit for his answer.
But I have another way. I have Archos 704 wifi and want to unlock those two by applying the ones bought for 504. I unlocked Videopodcast and Cinema on 4 different 504 devices with only 2 files. Look here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=70333
So I need your help and later I could help you in return. I need an old firmware to unlock my 704 from its hard drive. What firmware version do you use?