Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:26 am 
Hello,

I want to buy the DVR station for the Archos 704 wifi, which has been unavailable for a while. Pixmania is selling as alternative the DVR station GEN. 5. I would like to know if that is compatible at all with the Archos 704 or not. Actually, the DVR station for the gen. 4 was said to be good also for the 705, therefore I don't know if this will be true the other way around, that is: 704 + DVR gen 5.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi,
Yes it should work, in my opinion. It will come with the Gen 5 remote which won't work with your 704, but the remote that came with your 704 will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:31 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would like to know if this will work as well - has anybody actually tried it?
cheers
BigG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:13 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I asked this question of Archos technical support. They replied that the gen 5 DVR station itself was compatible with 4th gen players such as my 404, but the remote was not compatible. I haven't gotten a clear reply yet on whether the remote will work at all, or rather only the typewriter keyboard won't function and the rest would work.

I went ahead and bought the gen 5 DVR station refurbished from Archos.com. I may have to buy a gen 4 DVR Station remote, which still shows on Archos.com for $12.95, but it's out of stock. I'll report back here when I take delivery and see just how functional/nonfunctional the gen 5 remote is.

In other words, rkos's guess above is probably right on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi mate,

Thanks for the reply,

Do you think the remote that comes with the Archos 704 unit will work on the gen5 dvr station, the remote that comes with the gen4 dvr station looks the same as the one that is supplied with the Archos unit?

Thanks in advance,
BigG.

Post subject: DVR Station
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi jbujons
I have purchased a 704 this month and also the DVR station but i'm affraid I have had problems, when I set up schedules it will turn on the TV, select the prog and record, BUT! when it finishes it will not turn off the Sat decoder. what number have you called fir tech support because the only one I can find is 25p p/min.
I have not heard of anyone else having the same problems so maybee its just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:42 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

geoff.sellars wrote:
Do you think the remote that comes with the Archos 704 unit will work on the gen5 dvr station, the remote that comes with the gen4 dvr station looks the same as the one that is supplied with the Archos unit?
I think they are the same. The same helpful tech (Tony) at Archos replied to my question in the affirmative: the gen 4 remote should work with my 404CC on a gen 5 DVR station. IIRC, I read in another thread that the 704 remote will also work.