Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, Is there anyone out there who can help me set up my 704 to the TV please? #-o
All I am trying to do is watch the films that are on the Archos on the TV which is a Samsung. Any help would be greatfully apreciated

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:26 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi, you need the archos cable plugged into the headphone socket, and the 704 switched to TV output. The other end of the cable goes to a composite aux input on the TV, usually 3 phono sockets, yellow white and red. If you have the base station there are higher quality options for connection, eg RGB, SVID. If you are in Europe the phono plugs can also go into a scart input adaptor and into a scart socket on the TV.

If your videos were recorded on the 704 from macrovision protected sources, eg dvd and some cable channels, they won't play on the TV, only on the LCD.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, Thanks for the speedy reply =D> Ah that's obviously the problem........ we plugged the correct pins in the correct 'holes'..... but there wasn't anything displayed on any of the AV channels! So this is obviously down to 'where' the films were recorded from - I wasn't aware you couldn't view the Archos films on the TV!! :cry:Typical as there are 20-30 films on there!! (I bought the Archos recently from ebay) everything else is working correctly - Thanks again for your help.