Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:25 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:32 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I have two batteries for my 704TV and after charging them fully they will both drop to 50% in a matter of minutes. I read somewhere that its good to fully discharge them occasionally so I did with one of them. I then played movies until it stopped then fully charge the battery but it didn't make any difference. Could it be that that are just getting a little old as I have had the 704 for about 2 years now. One of the batteries I use all the time the other has only been used half a dozen times.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey Robtek,

My guess would be that both batteries are toasted. When this started happening with the original battery for my 704Wifi, I had a back up I had bought for a long trip (only used once) and it is still going strong today. About two years is a good run for ONE battery but if you watch alot of video or do alot of surfing on your unit, the screen and wifi really put alot of abuse on the battery. I do mainly music on mine.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have had mine since 2007 (a few weeks after release) and I replaced the battery just about a month ago. It was holding a charge, but it was getting very bloated, to the point it would not even stay on the unit. I got the new battery, and am hopefully going to have another 2.5 years of use out of the unit.