Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:38 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 704 WiFi: No blue!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:33 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Having had my trusty and much used 704 for 2 years now, with no more problems than most other users, on a flight at the weekend I switched it on to find the screen to be a horrible greeny colour. Checked in "Appearance", but changing "Theme" gave me several other "not normal" colour combinations.

I have since connected my AV cable to a TV, and switching to "TV" shows the entry screen as normal i.e. white font on blue background, so it seems the 704 LCD screen is missing blue.

Has anybody had a similar problem, and if so is there as a solution?

I hope it can be fixed, as there doesn't seem to be an Archos alternative to the 704. I recently went for the Archos 7, but was disappointed with its WiFi unreliabilty and lip sync recording problems, (which didn't get fixed in the latest firmware upgrade). Also, it needed a docking station (and power to it) to playback to TVs other than the its home base. Reluctantly I returned it to QVC, as it seems did many other ArchosFans.

Post subject: Re: 704 WiFi: No blue!
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I can't help you with your probelm with the 704WiFi but why don't you look at the 705WiFi as its just an updated 704WiFi I think. You could try contacting Archos customer support but you may find, like me, they they don't even bother replying to any e-mail you send them.

I started to have a few problems with the screen of my 704TV, going white occasionally, and I think it is down to the battery not holding its charge properly as it also worked perfectly when in the DVR station.

Like you I was looking for an upgrade so purchased the Archos 7 from QVC and also returned it for all the problems you stated plus severel others.