Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a Cesium 90 tablet, which I have upgraded to the latest version of Win10 and which in general has given me excellent service. Yesterday I checked for the latest windows updates, which I automatically clicked to accept. As I've done this regularly since getting the tablet I thought nothing of it, and didn't take down a note of what was being updated, though it looked like a couple of firmware updates. I checked the tablet a few minutes later, and it was on the Archos splash screen, with what looked like a command prompt window over the top of it, presumably updating the firmware or BIOS or whatever. I checked again 10 or so minutes later, but the tablet did not respond to the power button. Instead of leaving it for a while longer, I went for a long press on the on/off button, hoping it would wake the machine up, but nothing happened. Now, no matter how long I press the on/off switch for, or if I do a long press on the combination of volume control and on/off button, nothing happens. Have I killed the tablet, or does anyone know of another way of getting into the machine to perform a factory reset?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
James