Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hello,
I came here because I experience a problem with my Archos Jukebox Recorder 10 (V1).
I know this guy is quite old now, however its my favorite player and there is nothing on the market that can compete with it, at least in my eyes. To explain my problem I give you some background infos:
The player wouldn't start anymore due to brocken batteries. I replaced the akkus with new ones and then the player said: HD register error. I googled and read that it may needs fully charged akkus. So I charged the akkus and yes: I got one step further.

Now I have a new problem: the Archos says: No valid FAT16/32 file system. Please formate the HD.
I connected the Archos via USB to my PC. However this way I am not able to formate it. It always says: Windows could not finish formation. Moreover in HD management it only recognizes 1.36 GB of the 10 GB HD within the Archos. Tried the same with a brand new 80GB and it only sees about 66 GB.
When connecting the HD(s) directly to my PC I am able to formate them and see the full space. However when formating them to FAT32 (primary) and connecting one of the disks back to the Archos, it does not recognize the file system and gives me the same error stated above.

I also tried using SwissKnife, Partition Wizard and Partition Master. Within the Archos none of them works. When the HD is connected directly to the PC via IDE the partition managers all work fine.

What might be the problem with my Archos? Is it reparable?

Greetings and please excuse my bad english, I am not a native speakter.
rekibor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey,
it seems nobody can help me with my specific problem. I recently bought another Archos Jukebox ("new" model with USB 2, "only" 11 years old :D ) however it would be great if I would get the old one to work.
I tried to register at archos.com in order to write my problem to the Archos support (I remember that I tried the same some years ago and one guy of the support answered me, but somehow I did not focused on that and forgot about). My problem here is that the registration webpage rejects the serial number of my Archos so I'm not able to register and thus not able to reach the support via eMail. Could anyone provide me the mail-adress of the support (english or german one) please?
Greatings