Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Hi everyone.

Since last december, when I bought my Archos A70s, I've been following this forums, eager to find new releases, bugfixes, and all that stuff... maybe posting less than average but reading most of the posts.

When the G9 was announced, I found it a good step towards what we all want. First class devices at good prices. It seemed that Archos was going that way, but then, as it happened with the previous versions of their slates, began confusion:

- 1GB RAM or 512MB (still not clear)
- 8GB, 16GB or 32GB ?? First it was 16, now its 8
- 1.5ghz CPU now it's 1Ghz

I'm sorry but this is heading to the same old road we have been before ... > Native Flash! Froyo at launch time! .... Archos keeps lying to their customers (or at least not saying things clear when they have to be)

It seems that the Ôé¼275 model will be then 1Ghz, 8GB and 512MB RAM?? Then is not that big deal anymore...

In my case, finally I made a contract with a phone operator in Spain (Yoigo) and for Ôé¼238 I've got an Acer Iconia Tab A500 with Honeycomb (3.0 I just upgraded to 3.1) and 32GB internal storage... The only backdraw is that I have to stay 18months in this operator, but anyway their data plan is very good ... 25Ôé¼/month for 3GB at high speed... if I go past 3GB, then they reduce speed to 128kbit/s without paying anymore...

So, my A70s will go to my wife to read some books, listen music and watch some films... and that will be the end of my relation with Archos... I don't like misinformation, lies and infinite bugs that never get really fixed....

Cheers!!!

Post subject: Deleted post?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:20 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Yo!

Yesterday I wrote a post with the word "farewell" or something like this. Today I can't find it... it vanished!

Does this mean there is some kind of censorship in this forums? I think I didn't break any forum rule... and even if I did, subject to the same "New Members info and Site Rules - READ HERE FIRST" post (viewtopic.php?f=84&t=16986) I should have been warned by email about it prior to deleting it! ("- A staff member will send you a Private Message (PM) with the contents of your Post immediately prior to deleting it.")

Did I miss any forum rule like "don't blame Archos for anything?" or "be nice with Archos in all your posts?" ... I think there should be a little more freedom to comment on what is your opinion if you are polite and give your reasons for it...

I guess I'll have to delete archosfans forums from my bookmarks and search for greener grass ... I don't like at all this kind of things... I think forums should be a free place to express your thoughts.

Cheers!! and this time, farewell too, archosfans!

Post subject: Re: Deleted post?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Your message is here :
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=54849

Last edited by BenMars on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I see... the problem is that I posted it in Gen9 and someone moved it. Normally when a post is moved, a "Moved" placeholder is put in its place ...

The post talked about the new Gen9 changes from the presentation to today... so I thought this would be a good forum to post it... but it seems its not.

As for this thread, I posted it here since my original post, that I thought was deleted, was poste here as well..

Thanks for finding the post XD ... and my apologies to the forum staff for the ranting, but a "Moved" placeholder would have avoided all the confusion...

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:15 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I may be wrong, but the purpose of the mods moving a post is usually to keep the forums better organized and less clutter. If they would have left a moved place holder, hat would be the point? it would still be more cluttered. I can't recall any forum that I am on regularly that uses a moved place holder, I only am on 3 regularly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:44 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

not to mention the fact that your post was pretty much useless. This is to discuss Gen 9 devices. We don't really care that you've decided leave Archos and making a post specifically to tell us that is not necessary. Everything you stated in your post is already being discussed in other threads
What were you expecting us to say? That we'll miss you? I dont think we will

Sorry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 pm 

It was moved, and now it has been merged.

If it doesn't have to do with Gen9, then it doesn't go in the Gen9 section. A post about not buying Gen9 does not constitute a new thread being made in the Gen9 section. This topic really belongs in the "Off-Topic" section, but because it kind of has to do with Archos things, I figured I would be nice and move it to the "General" section instead.

And yes, what others have said is true. We move topics to other areas to try to cut down on forum "clutter". We don't leave shadows of topics because then it doesn't actually cut down anything, it just leaves a link to a thread in another section.

You can easily find where your posts are by clicking on "User Control Panel" at the top right of the screen and then clicking "Show Your Posts" under "Your activity" in the middle of the screen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:32 am 
Archos User
Archos User

@bmar29:

I don't think it's you who has to say when a post is useless. In such case, it's your opinnion.. we go down a bad path if "selected" people starts saying what is useful and what is useless... just read, if you don't like it or it's not useful to you... stop reading, next thread... there you go.

Quote:
When the G9 was announced, I found it a good step towards what we all want. First class devices at good prices. It seemed that Archos was going that way, but then, as it happened with the previous versions of their slates, began confusion:

- 1GB RAM or 512MB (still not clear)
- 8GB, 16GB or 32GB ?? First it was 16, now its 8
- 1.5ghz CPU now it's 1Ghz

... this is discussing it, but maybe anything negative about Archos is not welcome...

Quote:
What were you expecting us to say? That we'll miss you? I dont think we will

I think there's too much irony and bad taste in this forums sometimes... and this is an example... by the way, this sentence is also useless to me ...

@Harfainx
Quote:
If it doesn't have to do with Gen9, then it doesn't go in the Gen9 section.

Same rule applies.. I think I'm writing about Gen9 in my original post ... Am I?