Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can anyone help on this issue.
My Sons 404 did the battery expanding trick and bent the case. Curry's of Preston UK swopped it no problem.
I tried to re-install the plug-ins we purchased, but they will not work due to Anti Piracy keys (No issue with that).
Who are you supposed to contact to sort this out, no customer service email address on Archos site, just tech support but there does not appear to be a box to tick to sort it out.
Many thanks in advance
Hamilton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:48 am 

[email protected]

contact them and tell them what has happened, give them the details of your old player and new one, also your details and transaction numbers (on the activation email) and they should help you out, plus they are pretty quick at replying there unlike the support addy.
let us know how you get on
roy

Post subject: Plug-ins.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Many thanks for your quick reply. I will have to do that from home as I do not have the details with me at work.
Have you heard of many 404's having the battery problem. I'd be gutted if it happened to mine.

Best Wishes
Hamilton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:28 pm 

This is the first time ive heard of the problem with the 04 series. I had this happen on the 700 (friends one when i was testing it as it was a brand new unseen machine at the time) and they recalled the batteries (it had already written off his machine), its seems pretty bad in 2007 the problem is still apparent. Granted i doubt archos actually manufactor the cells, but having non removable cells is gona hurt you now with the amount of time the machine is going to be out of your hands.
I hope that this is just unlucky on your behalf and not something that is going to worry or occur to all 04 owners. I feel for ya mate with the dreaded archos RMA proceedure, i just hope your experiance with the RMA is better than mine ever was.
roy

Post subject: Expanding Battery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The expanding battery syndrome is not being advertised as a problem.
There are many of them, it's just that not all of the owners it is happening to are savvy on how to get help, they take them back to where they got them from and the dealers are sending them back.
There should be a recall, look what happened to Sony and their Exploding Laptop Batteries.
It is clearly a battery manufacturing problem.
Are the Batteries capable of catching fire?????????????
Archos clearly have a responsibility to inform the user base.

Best Wishes
Hamilton